It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-22-2012, 06:23 AM   #1
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
got my period a week early... sort of

My cycle is usually very regular- almost always exactly 28 days. Well, this month I started to get my period a week early. But that's all it's been- it's like the very beginning of my period when the discharge is very light and brown- colored. Usually it's like that the day before it really "starts", but it's been like this for 4 days and hasn't gotten any heavier and I've only had small moments of minor cramps when I usually have pretty bad cramps. Anyone know what the reason for this could be? I don't know if this has happened before, and I've been having periods for 16 years now. The only time I could think of when my periods were kind of weird was when I was on the pill for a while a few years ago.
Should I be concerned? I think I am concerned because I just turned 30 and I'm suddenly like, "OMG I only have like 10 more years to have kids and I'm not even dating anyone!" I'm so worried about going through early menopause without ever getting to have kids so I think any irregularity in my cycle is going to freak me out.
So, anyone have any input?

Old 02-22-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
(female)

sue0317 HB Usersue0317 HB User
Re: got my period a week early... sort of

There's really no reason to think you're going through menopause or that there's anything serious going on. Women freak out if one time their period is early, late, long, short, etc. Your OBGYN isn't going to be able to tell you why this one time something is different. The only thing they might suggest is that this type of thing can happen when you're pregnant. So if there's a remote possibility, take a test. If not, don't worry about it. It's happened once so far.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-22-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
(female)

Krista2882 HB UserKrista2882 HB User
Re: got my period a week early... sort of

Ok, thanks a lot!

Closed Thread