It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-27-2012, 06:21 PM   #1
(female)

Jayjayme HB User
Period twice in one month???

Okay so 10 days ago I ended a pretty light one week period. I've never had a 7 day period before. Then yesterday I started spotting, I didn't think much about it and used a panty liner. Today I had to switch to a full pad, it's become a full period. It started out quite brown aswell and turned reder now.
I'm 16 and have had nothing like this before. Ive never been "regular" per say but there has always been a relative pattern. I am pretty stressed lately so I don't think it's helping anything. I am not sexually active and there is no chance for pregnancy. I have also changed my activity level from lax to fairly intense and because of the increase of activity my eating habits have changed as well.
Should I go to the doctor or tell my mom or just wait and see? I've never had anything like this before and don't know what to do.

Has anyone had anything like this? What did you do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Period twice in one month???

Unless you're bleeding heavily and having to change a soaked pad every hour, there's really not much a doctor would do right now.

Sometimes our bodies get out of there natural rhythm and it can take a few months to get back on track. Really not much to worry about, even though it can make you wonder and get upset.

Give it several cycles to see if you get back to normal. If you don't after several cycles, or if you start experiencing severe abdominal pain or very heavy bleeding, then talk to your mother and get in to see a gynocologist.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
brown discharge, irregular, period, two periods in one month