It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-03-2012, 10:05 PM   #1
(female)

Worried444 HB User
Unhappy Cervicitis

I was diagnosed with cervicitis about a week ago. I had yellow discharge which is why I decided to go to the gynecologist, also I wanted to get a routine check up (and get tested for STDs). When I went to the doctor she conducted a pelvic exam and told me my cervix was swollen and red, which is why I was diagnosed with cervicitis. She gave me two pills and said to drink those and not have sex for 7 days. I recently have had another symptom of cervicitis. I started bleeding a bit (brownish red) and I have a burning sensation (does not go away at all). That completely freaked me out, does this mean that my infection is getting worse? I am waiting for results to see what is causing this. I was wondering if I should go to the emergency room since I started bleeding (not constant, happens only sometimes). I've just been so stressed and depressed waiting for results. I've never experienced anything like this. I was wondering if anyone can give me some guidance or just advice.

Thanks all.

Old 03-04-2012, 08:29 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Cervicitis

If it's just minor bleeding, then I wouldn't worry about it as an inflamed cervix could definitely cause that symptom. Also, a burning sensation could be expected with your condition. If you start having to wear a pad and soak it every couple of hours with red blood when you're not menstruating or start to run a fever over 102 degrees F then I'd definitely go to the ER.

Otherwise, wait for the doctor or their staff to contact you and mention those issues. My bet is that they will likely start to subside in the next few days. It sounds like your doctor performed a culture, so you should have answers soon along with the correct treatment if you didn't already get the right antibiotic.

Best wishes!

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
Worried444 (03-04-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-04-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
(female)

Worried444 HB User
Re: Cervicitis

Quote:
Originally Posted by twohands View Post
If it's just minor bleeding, then I wouldn't worry about it as an inflamed cervix could definitely cause that symptom. Also, a burning sensation could be expected with your condition. If you start having to wear a pad and soak it every couple of hours with red blood when you're not menstruating or start to run a fever over 102 degrees F then I'd definitely go to the ER.

Otherwise, wait for the doctor or their staff to contact you and mention those issues. My bet is that they will likely start to subside in the next few days. It sounds like your doctor performed a culture, so you should have answers soon along with the correct treatment if you didn't already get the right antibiotic.

Best wishes!
Thank you, your message has made me feel a little better. :-)

Closed Thread

Tags
abnormal bleeding, cervix, vagina discharge, women's sexual health