It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-07-2012, 12:19 AM   #1
(female)

abayomi10 HB User
Advice - Rectocele, cystocele, Posterior repair, vaginalplasty...HELP!!!

I am looking for advice, any information about having all of these done... Rectocele(bowel), cystocele(bladder), Posterior repair, vaginalplasty(muscles of vaginal wall), hysterectomy, fallopian tubes removed...HELP!!

I am booked for surgery in April and am very nervious!! Everything is falling in... bladder, bowel, vagina is folding in (sorry, it certainly doesn't sound nice!!) I can't run, cough, sneeze, dance without peeing myself!! It is very upsetting as I just don't feel clean for long after a shower!! I am very concerned about the vaginalplasty (making the walls smaller) and sex afterwords.

Has anyone else had this done before? I am happily married and am petrified that it will affect out sex life. Also very concerned about the bladder.

I can't even begin to imagine what the recovery is going to be link having all this done at the same time!!! I am petrofied to have a bowel movement after while i am healing. I hear the pain killers cause constipation and have heard of people pulling out stitches. I am praying I am able to get through this without complications and with happy results so i can get back to leading a normal lifestyle and sex life.

Any advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!! Thanks so much in advance for any replys.

Old 03-07-2012, 04:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Advice - Rectocele, cystocele, Posterior repair, vaginalplasty...HELP!!!

Wow! You're really getting the works done lol!

I had a hysterectomy three weeks ago and had some of the same things done - see the hysterectomy board for my story.

I was also very nervous before the surgery, much about the same issues. I think it's very normal to be so apprehensive about such a major surgery.

I've had several spine surgeries, and in all honesty this surgery was a breeze compared to my spine surgeries. Very little pain, and I hardly even remember that I had surgery recently because I don't have many reminders of it now.

I've always tried to remember that I will likely be far better off after I recover from the surgery, and focus on getting through the first 1-2 weeks as those tend to be the hardest. Once you get past that timeframe you've got clear sailing in most cases.

Regarding sex post op, I have stitches from a posterior repair and my surgeon said it will take at least 6-8 weeks for those to fall out. I can't even imagine trying to have sex before they fall out.

For BM's, I've been taking Colace and Miralax daily and it made everything just fine. I would definitely recommend using both afterwards. During the first week there was some pain, but not that bad at all. I've now switched over to Colace and Metamucil and everything is good.

Best wishes!

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
abayomi10 (03-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-07-2012, 11:36 PM   #3
(female)

abayomi10 HB User
Re: Advice - Rectocele, cystocele, Posterior repair, vaginalplasty...HELP!!!

Thank you so much for your post!! It helps to hear that you are having a good recovery, such wonderful news! I really don't have much a choice as i have to get this done. So i just want to prepare myself as best as i can before i go in later in April.

My gyno Dr said this was NOT a minor surgery. I pray all goes well as it did for you. I realize positive thinking is important, it's just I have never has surgery, other than tonsels out over 20 years ago! ) feel free to post about your progress... I would love to hear. All the vest best and thanks again for replying to my post.

Closed Thread