It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #1
(female)

BeckyRR HB User
How much blood is too much blood

I had my second LEEP just over two weeks ago and today my period started with a vengeance. I have soaked through a super strength pad every 10 to 30 minutes for the past 22 hours and every time I stand up I pass a clot about half the size of my fist. I tried calling my Doctor but she only insisted that if it had anything to do with the surgery it should have happened within 4 days. I feel clammy and dizzy when I stand up but I don't know if that is from blood loss or lack of sleep since I have been waking up every 30 minutes when my pad overflows.
My doctor won't be in until Monday and she was less than helpful over the phone so how long do I wait if this doesn't let up?

Last edited by BeckyRR; 03-11-2012 at 06:00 AM. Reason: brain slip (10 am to 8 am is 22 hours not 10)

Old 03-11-2012, 06:04 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: How much blood is too much blood

I know it's the last thing you want to do, but you should go to the ER. That kind of gushing can get really bad really fast, believe me, I know. I waited a week after I started bleeding like that due to a fibroid and I ended up needing 6 transfusions because I was so severely anemic. I don't want to scare you but I've been through this kind of thing as as much as it sucks to go to the hospital, it's better than ending up in a coma or bleeding to death. I had to drive myself the first time I went to the ER but a week later, I needed a ride because I was so weak and lightheaded from the anemia that I was having trouble breathing too. It was really bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to Kszan For This Useful Post:
BeckyRR (03-11-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

I agree with Kszan - get yourself to the ER right away. That's too much blood loss to wait until your doctor gets back in, and losing that much blood can be very dangerous and even life threatening.

I also don't want to scare you, but you need to have it checked out right away. One of my neighbors has been having similar problems lately, and went into the ER a couple weeks ago due to the same symptoms and they ended up doing an emergency hysterectomy. Before she went to the ER, her doctor also told her over the phone that she probably wasn't bleeding that much and she should just get some rest.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
BeckyRR (03-11-2012)
Old 03-11-2012, 10:17 AM   #4
(female)

BeckyRR HB User

Thank you ladies!
I went to the ER and my vitals are fine for now. They also got me an appointment with my doctor first thing Monday morning!
Also, the nurse ordered my husband to cook and clean for me all day

Closed Thread

Tags
heavy periods, leep procedure