It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-15-2012, 01:17 PM   #1
(female)

ManchesterLady HB User
Systemic enzymes to shrink fibroids

Hello

I'm new to the forum, so hello from me.

I have recently been diagnosed with a 8cm uterine fibroid and have been doing lots of research since.

I have read that by controlling the amount of oestrogen I have in my body (i.e. trying to reduce it) and by taking systemic enzymes this may reduce the size of my fibroid.

Has anyone tried this? Any thoughts on systemic enzymes? Any success stories?

Thank you

Old 03-15-2012, 01:32 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Systemic enzymes to shrink fibroids

Welcome to the boards!

Wow - an 8 cm fibroid is really large!

I'm not sure about taking systemic enzymes to reduce the size of your fibroid. Have you asked your gynocologist about it?

I've heard of large fibroids which have grown quickly in women, so be careful about that. Large fibroids can even be life treatening in some circumstances, so please take this seriously.

I had a lot of small-medium sized fibroids and recently had a hysterectomy and so far couldn't be happier with the results.

Are you having symptoms due to the fibroid such as severe menstrual cramps and bleeding/clotting?

What has your gynocologist recommended you do about it? There are surgical options to remove the fibroid or even a hysterectomy, and there is a procedure in which they can go through your groin arteries and fish a wire to the blood supply for the fibroid and cauterize it so the fibroid will then shrink.

While I'm no doctor, my gut instinct tells me due to the size of this fibroid you're in a position where you'll likely need to have some medical intervention of some sort to remove it or shrink it. I know a lot of women are in the mindset they want to deal with gynocological issues in a natural way (and it sounds like you may be at that point right now), but there comes a point where this really no longer is a realistic option.

I wish you the best as you figure out how to best deal with this fibroid!

*Hugs*

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
ManchesterLady (03-15-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-15-2012, 01:49 PM   #3
(female)

ManchesterLady HB User
Re: Systemic enzymes to shrink fibroids

Thank you for your reply.

Both gynaecologists will not discuss anything that is outside of their medical books. I have tried. My research is primarily from William Wong’s research.

I’m having my fibroid monitored and in the last 6 months it only grew by 2mm. I was having heavy bleeding including clots (and now I take tranexamic acid for one or two days) and my periods are very light and then come off the tranexamic acid and the period last for about 3 more days but is still light, no clots anymore since taking tranexamic acid. I would not take a contraceptive pill for the periods as that would just put more oestrogen into my body and I am trying to reduce my oestrogen intake.

The two gynaecologists I have seen have both said, ‘wait and see’ and I am happy with that, at the moment, but I have a scan every six months to check the size of it followed by a discussion with my gynaecologist two weeks later.

The fibroid does not give me any pain whatsoever. I am 39 years old, my mum went through the menopause at 46, so if it doesn’t grow any bigger from now till I go through the menopause I am happy to just keep on having it monitored.

I would deal with the fibroid using medical intervention if I had to but at the moment I am not having any symptoms so would prefer to try ‘the natural way’ and just see what happens. I’m not a ‘hippy’ kind of person but there are risks with any surgery and at the moment I am not in any pain from it which is why for the time being I thought to try this route.

Last edited by ManchesterLady; 03-15-2012 at 01:51 PM.

Closed Thread