It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
(female)

HelpMePlzz HB User
Scared out of my mind

Short history not sure if it has anything to do with whats going on though...
I am 33 and went through a hysterectomy last year with no problems. They left the cervix and ovaries, so I'm not taking any hormone replacement meds. I had nipple piercings about 5 years ago and they have been out for over 3 1/2 years now. About 3 weeks ago I noticed a huge pus pocket on my nipple that was very, very sore. When I touched it, it popped. Then, about 5 days later I noticed the same nipple was bleeding for no appaernt reason, and that lasted a couple days. Then, this evening I noticed there was a white bump forming again on the same nipple. When I barely squeezed, I felt something pop inside an pus came out along with blood.

I don't know if this is where I need to be posting, but at this point I need to know if someone else has experienced this. I am scared to go to the doctors and would like to know if it is serious or not.

Old 03-17-2012, 09:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Scared out of my mind

It sounds like you have an abcess there. Very scary as none of us want to think about our nipples bleeding and producing pus. I highly doubt you're facing anything like cancer based on your symptoms.

However, it's very important that you get to a doctor ASAP as you will likely need to be put on an antibiotic to prevent the infection from getting deeper into your breast tissue or even going systemic (into your blood stream). I'd suggest you go to urgent care tomorrow since it's the weekend (go to the ER if urgent care isn't open), and don't put this off. As you've already been dealing with this for 3 weeks, it's possible there's a nasty bacteria such as staph causing this infection, and you really don't want to take the chance of this getting worse as it could cause you to lose part of your breast - unlikely, but possible. I'm not trying to scare you, but I want you to realize how serious this is and how important it is that you be seen ASAP.

Also, don't be embarrassed by this as doctors are used to seeing much worse than this on a regular basis. They are there to help you and get you well.

Best wishes on getting this treated and resolved quckly! Let us know how it goes.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
breast, cancer, sore breast