It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-19-2012, 09:23 PM   #1
(female)

nishka HB User
What is wrong with me

Hi all, I just have a question about menstruation and if anyone has experienced the same thing, if anyone can give me some advice I would be grateful, here is what is happening. My last period was on the 22nd of February, usually a couple of days before it is due the only symptoms I get is one sore breast and a lot of discharge. My periods are very irregular, sometimes 29 days sometimes 36 days between eachother. My next period is due roughly around the end of this week start of next week, but for the last few days I have experienced the following: Dizziness, loss of appetite, bloating, sore breast (one hurts more than the other - but both sore and at times tingly) I have been going to the toilet a lot, not really for urination (I seem to pee quite a lot anyway) but for bowel motions I am usually a once a day person, but I have been going twice a day for the last few days. Last weekend I was overly emotional, crying over nothing and it lasted all day and night, but I was fine the next day. I have a lack of energy, just cant be bothered doing anything when usually I am buzzing around here and there keeping busy. I cant sleep, the last few days I am lucky to get 4 hours per night, which is driving me crazy as I love my sleep. And I seem to be really gassy, moreso at nightime. I have had light cramping here and there for the last couple of days, which I dont usually have prior to a period and I am having a lot of lower back pains. So they are my symptoms, very unusal for me so I am a little concerned. Thank you all in advance

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-09-2012, 10:35 AM   #2
(female)

KatherineGAC HB User
Re: What is wrong with me

I had been going through those same emotions and symptoms since my last son was born in 2011. Most of them were due to being on the depo shot for me however after I got off the shot I still felt like I was and started to obsess over it and kept taking tests and getting disappointed. Well in Nov 2011 I finally got a positive test and then had a lot of heavy bleeding two weeks later so assumed miscarriage. After that I was still having symptoms in December and January of 2012 and into Feb as well but I kept ignoring them and blaming it on stress as I was very stressed out due to income and moving and a lot of things. well Finally I tried to remember when the last time I bled was because someone bought me tampons to replace the ones they used from mine and it just made me realize wait a minute Ive not needed any for a month or two now so I finally got up the nerve to take another test and told myself it was going to be negative but alas as soon as I peed it was super dark positive lol. So my best advice is to not worry about it, what comes will come and I am not sure if you are wanting or not wanting children but to be honest if you are being unprotected you should plan for the possible surprise anyways lol and it is a wonderful surprise so be happy if you are, if you aren't try not to think about it because you can stress yourself out immensely as I did. And at that time I really was not wanting another baby I had just had one lol so was not ready at all and was very worried that I was pregnant while on the shot but thankfully that was not the case. Anyways just relax, I know that is a lot more difficult than it sounds but stress and periods can give you the same symptoms as pregnancy so just try not to think hey i might be and either take tests to confirm or wait until your body tells you as mine did, however now I am having troubles with determining how far along I am as nothing is matching up and am really concerned about twins lol but that's my story. If your that concerned the only way to lay your concerns to rest is to go in and demand to be seen and be tested and get ultrasounds to make sure. thats the only way and I wish you the best of luck

The Following User Says Thank You to KatherineGAC For This Useful Post:
nishka (04-09-2012)
Old 04-09-2012, 05:32 PM   #3
(female)

nishka HB User
Re: What is wrong with me

Thank you KatherineGAC.. I think I have been stressed lately hence the reason for the nasty trick my body has played on me..lol.
An update on things now is: I never really got my period that month, it came a couple of days early and was only there when I wiped, didnt even need to wear a tampon! All up I think I expelled about a tablespoon in the four days is was hanging around. All my symptoms stopped the day I got the weird period aside from the lower backpain that is. Afterwards I seemed to be overly bloated and had constipation, which was a total turn around from the week before where I had the runs! lol. I ended up taking a test the day before my weird period stopped and it was negative, but I figured it might be too early to tell, so I waited a week and took another test but that came back negative aswell. I was very disappointed (so was my partner). I stopped taking the birth control pill in December last year, I only ever took it to regulate my periods as they were always erratic, since coming off the pill they are still irregular but that is normal for me, so I dont know when I I am at my fertile day or ovulating etc. Im not in the 'normal' spectrum of women out there lol.. I have 3 children already but I cant remember any of the symptoms I had when I fell pregnant with them, my youngest is 9 so its been a while LOL. Like I said I was under a lot of stress the week my actual period was due as I had my foster son going in for a major operation so I am not sure if that effected my period flow, I have never had a period like that before usually I am super heavy and it lasts for 5 days straight so this one really shocked me! My partner and I want another baby BUT we are in our mid 30's now and I have told him that our chances of conceiving at our age is difficult. I never had a problem falling pregnant before, gee I just had to use the same soap and hello pregnant, but I was younger then! I guess if it happens then great, if not then what can I do. I have now decided top stop trying to time my 'fertility days' (I dont even know if I have that right anyway considering I am irregular) and just go with the flow. I am not due to get my next period for another 2 weeks or so. I dont even know if this one is going to be 'normal', my partner and I have 'gotten busy' alot this month, so I am still hopeful but if 'Aunt Flo' comes then I will just have to accept that it is not our time yet! Thank you for your advice and I wish you the best of luck with your pregnancy, congratulations aswell

Closed Thread