It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-20-2012, 07:31 PM   #1
(female)

baysidetigers HB User
Unhappy Lots of spotting, bad smell?

Since my last period, I have experienced a lot of spotting. This is highly unusual for me, i never spot in between periods! However, almost everyday since my last period (March 12th) I have gotten cramps for 30ish minutes and then I find blood in my underwear. My boyfriend has also complained about my smell down there. Generally, if I smell due to sweat, ovulation, or a yeast infection (had one a few years back), I can smell it myself. But I can't smell it this time.

Besides that, I have my normal discharge. White/clear and slippery.

Does anyone know of something that could be wrong? Or am I just having an odd month?

Just thought I'd post to relieve my worries, Thanks, Carmen!

Old 03-22-2012, 09:00 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Lots of spotting, bad smell?

Our hormones fluctuate greatly during each cycle, and our discharge and its associated odor changes accordingly. At times all of our discharge stinks!

When we ovulate our vaginal dischage contains pheromones that men find irrisistable. In fact, there have been tests at universities worldwide that show when men breathe normal air they score the beauty of photos of women almost identical, with beautiful women scoring high and not so attractive women scoring low. However, when they breathe the vaginal discharge odor produced by women who are ovulating, they score all women's photos high and can't differentiate beautiful women from unattractive women. Crazy, huh?

There's a good chance your boyfriend is comparing the smell of you ovulating to what he smelled recently, and of course he would prefer your smell when you're ovulating.

Don't take this personal as most of us women would do. Just explain to him that your odor changes during the month with your hormones, and that sometimes you'll lure him in and sometimes you'll give him a stinky surprise!

The fact that your spotting some indicates that your hormones are out of whack a bit. Not a big deal unless it continues for 3+ cycles in a row. You might want to discuss this with your gyno the next time you have a regularly scheduled exam.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
smell, spotting, vagina discharge