It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-31-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
(female)

Resolveatom HB User
What could this be?

To start out, maybe about 3 months ago i was pain in my upper right abdomen. I had a ultrasound done on my gallbladder but they said they found nothing. Ive still had the pain but not as constant. But my symptoms I'm curious about is last night i came home from my classes and i felt severely dizzy after getting out of the chiropractor i thought i was just hungry so i ate something and felt better. Well i went to the movies around 7 with my friend and still felt okay but once the movie was over around 930 we walked to the park and i started swinging on the swings and i started getting EXTREMELY nauseous and on a scale of 1-10 i felt like it was 10 that i was going to puke. Ive never had that feeling before that was that severe. I continued swinging for another 40 mins because i just thought itd go away but then i started feeling like i was going to pass out when i moved so i told my friend to start walking and have someone pick us up. well the feeling kept getting worse and worse i just knew i was going to puke and pass out. I felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. The feelings were more severe when i moved so i tried not to. Well i woke up this morning and they arent as bad but they are still there and it worries me.
Also, recently maybe the past couple weeks before this day i had been having flashes of hot and cold and my skin extremely dry,(especially on my hands, feet, and mouth), severe headaches and fatigue, inability to stay asleep, and my thyroid has been swelling every day. (i have a thyroid problem but i have a mixture of both hyper and hypothyroidism). Which also concerns me because ive been having symptoms of both at the same time and i dont know how thats possible.
Also, that night once i got home i looked inside my mouth and the top of my mouth had purple lines in the top of my mouth and the back of my throat was red and lumpy looking. I tried drinking water but that only made it worse.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-31-2012, 05:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: What could this be?

It sounds like you may have more than one thing going on.

The dizziness sounds like vertigo which is basically an imbalance of fluids in your inner ear close to your semi-circular canals for balance, often caused by a mild infection or excess fluid. Eliminating salt from your diet can often help this. However, vertigo can be a symptom of other conditions, or it can stand alone.

The nausea can be caused by vertigo, or it could be a symptom that you have along with the vertigo.

You really need blood tests and a physical examination to determine what might be causing these symptoms. It's helpful to write down all the symptoms you can think of and bring those to your doctor. Even if you think it's insignificant, still write it down.

Best wishes!

Old 04-01-2012, 12:33 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You might also ask for a HIDA Scan. It tests for gallbladder function. It may be that it is non functioning and needs to be removed.

Old 04-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User

The way you described the pain also sounds like it may possibly be kidney stones. I never had one before until one night it just hit me so hard! The pain felt kind of like sort of like cramps but I wasn't sure and kept getting worse. It got so bad when the nausea kicked in and that's what sent me to the ER. Between the pain and the nausea I thought I was dying! But the next day it wasn't as bad and the next few days after I passed a stone it wasn't as bad. It was such a weird sudden thing that came on so unexpectedly but wasnt as bad the following days after that first attack of pain.

Closed Thread