It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-02-2012, 09:53 PM   #1
(female)

asp1079 HB User
Unhappy septate hymen/surgery? advice needed!

I just discovered I have an extra band of vertical tissue near my vaginal opening... researched a bit and discovered this is called a 'septate hymen'. And most likely requires a minor surgical removal.

What is most troubling me is -- will the surgery be extremely painful? The idea of getting even dissolvable stitches after the removal makes me want to be sick... I'm terrified of getting it removed but unfortunately it seems that's the only way and you should remove it to avoid issues in the future.

Has anyone ever heard of this? Has anyone here ever HAD this problem? Do you have any advice about the stitches/surgery...? I'm really scared and worried it will be excruciatingly painful for me to have stitches near my vaginal opening, when they remove the hymen. Sorry if this question is too TMI, but I have no one else to talk to seriously about this and I am still waiting for my gynecologist appointment. (Despite this, based on pictures I've seen I definitely have an extremely case to a septate hymen.)

Thank you VERY much to all who reply with any advice.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2012, 01:01 PM   #2
(female)

Rooss HB User
Exclamation Re: septate hymen/surgery? advice needed!

asp, i have this too. But i wished my docter just snipped it.. she said to me, let it happen naturally... i think it will hurt after the surgery with sitting on a bike or chair a little bit, because that's what i feel today.. the day after it ripped partly. I think it will be a relief when it's done, because you can use tampons and no stress for having sex!

i dont have the access to write my own thread , for some reason. So i will post it here..

Hi, first of all, my english isn't very good, but i'm trying
i hope someone has an answer...

i'm 16 years old and i've got a septate hymen.. I went to the docter and she gave me a salve to make it flexible down there, and 'it must rip naturally (sex with my boyfriend, she meant)'. She didn't want to snip it, because it isn't usual anymore...

So i tried this salve and having sex with my boyfriend several times, but it didn't work really well and it hurted.. but yesterday , a part ripped off at one end where it was stuck , we stopped and it bleeded a lot that night.... But it's not ripped off completely i found out. I dont know what to do, see the docter again, or just have sex another time to let it rip of completely..

also i'm scared for infections.. Right know there's kind of brown ( I think old blood) coming out...

i hope someone can help! because I don't really agree with her about this case

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
hymen, septate, surgery