It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-10-2012, 06:53 AM   #1
(female)

Nonamel HB User
Vaginal Itching and Burning - Please Help!

I was diagnosed with a UTI last Wednesday (6 days ago) and since I was going to be on an antibiotic the doctor prescribed two Diflucan which I've already taken. Shortly after leaving the doctor I started itching and burning both inside and outside of the vagina. I'm feeling better today but there is still some irritation (does not appear irritated to look at) and a heavier discharge than normal (not chunky, not discolored, no odor). I bought a PH test at the pharmacy and my PH level is 4.5 which is normal. Do you think this is a yeast infection that's being stubborn or just some irritation? Thank you!

Last edited by Nonamel; 04-10-2012 at 06:54 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 11:11 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Vaginal Itching and Burning - Please Help!

It's common to get yeast infections after being on antibiotics. The ointments to treat yeast infections aren't that expensive and are readily available at any pharmacy or big box store. Since vaginal itching is most commonly associated with yeast infections, it would make sense to get some ointment and treat yourself for a week or so (according the directions of the ointment you choose). If not better after 7-14 days, see a doctor.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
bacteria vaginosis, uti, vaginal itching, yeast infection