HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/896691-pain-vaginal-area-burning-pain-rectum.html)

generaluser 04-12-2012 07:46 AM

Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am having some problems with pressure and pain in my vaginal area along with sharp pains and burning in my rectal area. I am 47 years old, married for 26 years and have had one child by c-section. I had to have 2 cysts removed before having Hysterectomy due to Endometriosis in 1999. Sexual intercourse has always been a little painful but is really more so now which I have attributed to vaginal dryness from Menopause. My Gynocologist put me on everyday use of Miralax a couple years ago due to a water cyst where a very tiny portion of my Cervix was left due to scarring from prior surgeries. If I don't use the Miralax I do have some nausea and discomfort the next day. I also have a few gall stones but was told by Gastroenterologist that they could not be causing me Vaginal pain. I was diagnosed many years ago with IBS. This problem seems to be increasing and I have discussed with my Primary Care Physician but have gotten no answers. I feel bloated alot, nauseous occassionally and very uncomfortable sitting sometimes. I was told several years ago that I did have hemorrhoids also. I have not had blood in my stool with these new symptoms and I had Endoscopy last year and Colonoscopy about 3 years ago. I take Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Synthroid for Thyroid issues. Has anyone else had these type of symptoms and or been diagnosed. One note: I had some vaginal pain and pressure before I had Endometriosis but my Gynocologist doesn't believe I could be having pain this time from that as both ovaries have been removed. Thanks!

twohands 04-12-2012 10:33 AM

Re: Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

Wow - sounds like you have a lot of issues going on, and any one of them could possibly be causing your symptoms.

If I were in your shoes I'd go to a different gynocologist or gastroenterologist until you find some doctors you're comfortable with, and who can figure out what's going on and what your treatment options are.

Not all doctors are a good fit for every patient, so don't feel like you're doctor shopping - you're just trying to find doctors who are the best fit for some complicated issues you are experiencing.

solofelix 04-12-2012 11:51 AM

Re: Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

[QUOTE=generaluser;4960239]Hi, I am new to this forum. I am having some problems with pressure and pain in my vaginal area along with sharp pains and burning in my rectal area. I am 47 years old, married for 26 years and have had one child by c-section. I had to have 2 cysts removed before having Hysterectomy due to Endometriosis in 1999. Sexual intercourse has always been a little painful but is really more so now which I have attributed to vaginal dryness from Menopause. My Gynocologist put me on everyday use of Miralax a couple years ago due to a water cyst where a very tiny portion of my Cervix was left due to scarring from prior surgeries. If I don't use the Miralax I do have some nausea and discomfort the next day. I also have a few gall stones but was told by Gastroenterologist that they could not be causing me Vaginal pain. I was diagnosed many years ago with IBS. This problem seems to be increasing and I have discussed with my Primary Care Physician but have gotten no answers. I feel bloated alot, nauseous occassionally and very uncomfortable sitting sometimes. I was told several years ago that I did have hemorrhoids also. I have not had blood in my stool with these new symptoms and I had Endoscopy last year and Colonoscopy about 3 years ago. I take Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Synthroid for Thyroid issues. Has anyone else had these type of symptoms and or been diagnosed. One note: I had some vaginal pain and pressure before I had Endometriosis but my Gynocologist doesn't believe I could be having pain this time from that as both ovaries have been removed. Thanks![/QUOTE]

Hi,
I'm not sure how to answer some of your symptoms but I have IBS and suffer awful bloating and Nausea so you are not unusual there.
Regarding Vaginal Dryness due to Menopause, I highly recommend "Vagifem Vaginal Pessaries" (Prescription Only) where I live. I have been on them for two years and they have worked really well for me.
Sorry I cant help with your other symptoms,

Solofelix.