It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-12-2012, 08:46 AM   #1
(female)

generaluser HB User
Unhappy Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

Hi, I am new to this forum. I am having some problems with pressure and pain in my vaginal area along with sharp pains and burning in my rectal area. I am 47 years old, married for 26 years and have had one child by c-section. I had to have 2 cysts removed before having Hysterectomy due to Endometriosis in 1999. Sexual intercourse has always been a little painful but is really more so now which I have attributed to vaginal dryness from Menopause. My Gynocologist put me on everyday use of Miralax a couple years ago due to a water cyst where a very tiny portion of my Cervix was left due to scarring from prior surgeries. If I don't use the Miralax I do have some nausea and discomfort the next day. I also have a few gall stones but was told by Gastroenterologist that they could not be causing me Vaginal pain. I was diagnosed many years ago with IBS. This problem seems to be increasing and I have discussed with my Primary Care Physician but have gotten no answers. I feel bloated alot, nauseous occassionally and very uncomfortable sitting sometimes. I was told several years ago that I did have hemorrhoids also. I have not had blood in my stool with these new symptoms and I had Endoscopy last year and Colonoscopy about 3 years ago. I take Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Synthroid for Thyroid issues. Has anyone else had these type of symptoms and or been diagnosed. One note: I had some vaginal pain and pressure before I had Endometriosis but my Gynocologist doesn't believe I could be having pain this time from that as both ovaries have been removed. Thanks!

Last edited by generaluser; 04-12-2012 at 08:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2012, 11:33 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

Wow - sounds like you have a lot of issues going on, and any one of them could possibly be causing your symptoms.

If I were in your shoes I'd go to a different gynocologist or gastroenterologist until you find some doctors you're comfortable with, and who can figure out what's going on and what your treatment options are.

Not all doctors are a good fit for every patient, so don't feel like you're doctor shopping - you're just trying to find doctors who are the best fit for some complicated issues you are experiencing.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
generaluser (04-13-2012)
Old 04-12-2012, 12:51 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User
Re: Pain in Vaginal area and burning and pain in rectum

Quote:
Originally Posted by generaluser View Post
Hi, I am new to this forum. I am having some problems with pressure and pain in my vaginal area along with sharp pains and burning in my rectal area. I am 47 years old, married for 26 years and have had one child by c-section. I had to have 2 cysts removed before having Hysterectomy due to Endometriosis in 1999. Sexual intercourse has always been a little painful but is really more so now which I have attributed to vaginal dryness from Menopause. My Gynocologist put me on everyday use of Miralax a couple years ago due to a water cyst where a very tiny portion of my Cervix was left due to scarring from prior surgeries. If I don't use the Miralax I do have some nausea and discomfort the next day. I also have a few gall stones but was told by Gastroenterologist that they could not be causing me Vaginal pain. I was diagnosed many years ago with IBS. This problem seems to be increasing and I have discussed with my Primary Care Physician but have gotten no answers. I feel bloated alot, nauseous occassionally and very uncomfortable sitting sometimes. I was told several years ago that I did have hemorrhoids also. I have not had blood in my stool with these new symptoms and I had Endoscopy last year and Colonoscopy about 3 years ago. I take Methotrexate for Rheumatoid Arthritis and Synthroid for Thyroid issues. Has anyone else had these type of symptoms and or been diagnosed. One note: I had some vaginal pain and pressure before I had Endometriosis but my Gynocologist doesn't believe I could be having pain this time from that as both ovaries have been removed. Thanks!

Hi,
I'm not sure how to answer some of your symptoms but I have IBS and suffer awful bloating and Nausea so you are not unusual there.
Regarding Vaginal Dryness due to Menopause, I highly recommend "Vagifem Vaginal Pessaries" (Prescription Only) where I live. I have been on them for two years and they have worked really well for me.
Sorry I cant help with your other symptoms,

Solofelix.

The Following User Says Thank You to solofelix For This Useful Post:
generaluser (04-13-2012)
Closed Thread