It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-26-2012, 09:50 AM   #1
(female)

nakacg06 HB User
HELP-Blood clots,pelvic pain, first time spotting

I'm freaking out a little here...
I have never really had any problems with my period. It started when I was 12/13 (can't remember) and I never really had horrible cramps or any PMS symptoms.
I'm about to turn 24, 150lbs, 5'4"
In the past 2 years my period symtoms have gotten tremendously worse. Bad cramping, sore breats, etc. I just figured my body was changing and that it's normal-which is most likely is. But in the past year, I have noticed some different syptoms...
I have started to get blood clots. They started out very small and infrequent but my latest period brought on 2 at once that were both larger than a tablespoon (the measurement, not the actual spoon).
It also occasionally hurts when I am having sex. But only when he is pretty deep (sorry for being graphic), but is that normal? I almost always feel very uncomfortable the morning after as well.
PELVIC PAIN!! Ouch! I've been getting these extremely sharp pains right before and during my periods. It's not anything like cramping - It feels like it's coming from my uterus. A stabbing pain. It's uncontrollable and unpredictable and feels MUCH worse when I am gassy. But almost always goes away after I pass those blood clots. In the past month, I got this pain in between periods...which scared me. And also this past month, I started spotting 3 days before my period. just once and a small amount, but that has never happened to me before. Is all of this correlated? Or just coincidence?
I'm scheduled to go to the doctor next week, but just wondered if anyone had some of these same symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-26-2012, 01:28 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: HELP-Blood clots,pelvic pain, first time spotting

As you age your body will start changing, and you're at an age where you will start to notice these changes. Some of them will be subtle, and others won't be.

There are several possible explanations for what may be causing your pain, spotting, and clotting. The most likely would be fibroids, and others may be ovarian cysts or endometriosis. You may also have a combination of these.

I've had problems with fibroids and ovarian cysts, and have experienced some of the same symptoms you're describing.

Fibroids are typically known for causing spotting, mentrual pain, clotting, and heavy bleeding.

Ovarian cysts are known for pelvic pain, often when you're not during your period and especially during ovulation. They can also cause hormone fluctuations and lightheadedness, and can cause women an infection or problems with passing out if they rupture.

Endometriosis can cause pelvic pain and severe menstrual cramping, not only in the uterus as the endometrial tissue can spread to other areas in the pelvic cavity. It can also cause your intestines and other pelvic structures to adhere to other organs which can cause pelvic pain.

You really need the examination and testing to determine which of these (or other even some possibilities) are causing your issues, but be assured what you are experiencing is unfortunately very common.

Hope this helps!

Old 04-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: HELP-Blood clots,pelvic pain, first time spotting

But it could also be just normal. I almost always passed lasrge clots once I reached maturity. I started my periods at age 10. Everything you mentioned except for spotting a few days before was absolutely normal for me....even on birth control.

Closed Thread