It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-05-2012, 11:07 AM   #1
(female)

Bethany77 HB User
Sore and small bumps on my labia minora

Hello,

I'm a little stressed today because yesterday I noticed that I had pain in my vaginal area. I got a mirror and looked and noticed that I had a sore on the inside of my labia minora. It was not hard but very red and sore. I took pictures so that I could get a better look and noticed that I also had little bumps everywhere in this region (not where hair grows). This morning after taking a shower the larger sore broke and clear fluid discharged with a small amount of blood. I'm still very sore but am extremely worried. For the last week in a half I have thought that I have had a UTI and it does still burn to urinate. I have been in a committed relationship for the past 12 years and have not had any other sexual partners. Does anyone have any insight into what this could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Sore and small bumps on my labia minora

It sounds like you had an abcess that broke. These are actually very common down there. Be sure to clean the area really well, and a nice soaking bath would really help also. If it doesn't get cleaned well enough, the bacteria can get into other pores or tiny cracks in your skin/tissues and cause more abcesses.

Regarding the small bumps, are they spread out evenly everywhere, or are they just in one area? What color are they? Do they itch or cause any discomfort? It's hard to say whether those are normal or not without this information. However, that area is extremely sensitive, and this might be caused by some irritation to soap, laundry detergent, or panty liner/pad you've been using.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-06-2012, 10:05 AM   #3
(female)

Bethany77 HB User
Re: Sore and small bumps on my labia minora

Thanks for your response. I was thinking that it might be an abcess as well but then I saw the small bumps and became worried. The small bumps are very small and they do not itch but everything burns when I urinate. They are close together and they almost look like small pimples. I haven't been wearing any pads or liners but it could be the detergent or soap I hadn't thought of that. I'm going to go to urgent care today becasue I've never had anything like this.

The following user gives a hug of support to Bethany77:
Lotsaquestions1 (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 07:02 PM   #4
(female)

Lotsaquestions1 HB User
Exclamation Re: Sore and small bumps on my labia minora

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethany77 View Post
Hello,

I'm a little stressed today because yesterday I noticed that I had pain in my vaginal area. I got a mirror and looked and noticed that I had a sore on the inside of my labia minora. It was not hard but very red and sore. I took pictures so that I could get a better look and noticed that I also had little bumps everywhere in this region (not where hair grows). This morning after taking a shower the larger sore broke and clear fluid discharged with a small amount of blood. I'm still very sore but am extremely worried. For the last week in a half I have thought that I have had a UTI and it does still burn to urinate. I have been in a committed relationship for the past 12 years and have not had any other sexual partners. Does anyone have any insight into what this could be?

I started getting these a few years ago and I went to a ton of gynos and no one knew finally I found one that said it was an allergic reaction and I use more mild soap and either hydrocortisone cream or a prescription cream with steroids and anti fungal . Also sometimes duflucan helps them. They have never left with me but as long as I stay dry and cool or on cream im fine . I hope that helps.

Closed Thread