It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 07:57 AM   #1
(female)

Tillymint03 HB User
Pregnant or stressed?

Hi all

Just a quick post, can anyone share any thoughts for me...

Over the last few weeks I have felt a bit sick At different points in the day, had some awful tummy pains as if I'm about to start my period an a few headaches that wouldn't shift for a few days. I was also a week late for my period an when it did arrive it was so light I hardly needed to wear anything an it only lasted for 2 days. Since then it's been another week an I've continued with the tummy pains an slightly sickly feeling every other day but not had a proper period yet.
I have been under a lot of stress recently so I'm not sure if it's stress related or if I should do a home pregnancy test?
I also don't know whether I should mention anything to my boyfriend yet or if I should see how things go?
Confused!!

Old 05-06-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Pregnant or stressed?

I've experienced a "light" period a few times in life when life got crazy stressful on me. Every time the following month was normal.

Regarding your abdominal pain, chances are you aren't eating well right now due to stress, and that can cause constipation and other intestinal abnormalities. Dehydration can also cause headaches. You could try drinking a ton of water, and eating a bunch of fruits and veggies several days in a row. You could also try a fiber supplement like Metamucil, but again drink a ton of water. If your abdominal discomfort/headaches continue after trying this, then see a doctor.

Regarding whether or not you're pregnant, take an at home test or go to a community health clinic that offers free pregnancy tests to ease your mind.

If your pain gets so bad you can't sleep or go to work, then of course go to urgent care or the ER as that can be a sign of apendicitis or an ectopic pregnancy.

The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
Tillymint03 (05-07-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-15-2012, 05:19 AM   #3
(female)

Tillymint03 HB User

Just a quick note for everyone, I did a HPT and it came back positive! I am currently 4 weeks pregnant so I guess I was right with my initial thoughts!
Still early days yet but I'm looking forward to the new adventure!

Old 05-15-2012, 05:20 AM   #4
(female)

Tillymint03 HB User

Just a quick note for everyone, I did a HPT and it came back positive! I am currently 4 weeks pregnant so I guess I was right with my initial thoughts!
Still early days yet but I'm looking forward to the new adventure!

Old 05-15-2012, 10:10 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User

Congratulations!

I wish a complication-free pregnancy for you, and a healthy child. Being pregnant is a wonderful adventure, and I hope you enjoy every minute of it.

The following user gives a hug of support to twohands:
Tillymint03 (05-15-2012)
The Following User Says Thank You to twohands For This Useful Post:
Tillymint03 (05-15-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

solofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB Usersolofelix HB User

Hi,
I just read your thread and would like to offer you my best wishes and hope all goes well for you.
For the sick feeling I recommend sliced fresh ginger in warm water or ginger tea, it helps. I snacked on ginger biscuits during my pregnancy.
Take care and good luck,

Solofelix.

Closed Thread

Tags
period, pregnancy, stress