It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-06-2012, 11:35 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User
Itching inside vagina + burning with penetration and urination

I'm not really sure what's going on. About a week or so ago, I started experiencing some slight burning during urination, so I figured, "Okay, UTI, no problem." Then when I had sex, it burned quite a lot upon that initial penetration, but went away after a couple minutes. Trust me when I say it was not a lack of lubrication.

I kind of feel like I need to urinate more than usual, and in addition to that, vaginal penetration in general continues to burn and is actually itchy. And by "itchy," I mean on the inside. Which is odd.

There's no "cottage cheese" discharge, so I don't think it's a yeast infection. And I've always been in a monogamous relationship (no one on the side or anything), so I think I can rule out STDs, and I know my boyfriend has been faithful to me too, so that's not an issue.

I've never had the urinary issues on top of vaginal issues, and most of what I read says this is an STD. I don't see how because it honestly just started right out of the clear blue - one day I was fine, the next, it burned to pee, then I started to get itchy.

Have not taken an antibiotic lately, I'm not on the pill, am not pregnant, I don't use douches, I don't use any scented feminine hygiene items, have not had any sort of surgery or issue with my reproductive organs, there's no stinky discharge (though seems like there's a bit more than usual), I've really done nothing different in my sexual or hygiene routine to cause a problem.

I suppose it could be a yeast infection since I did have one once before that yielded no discharge - I just itched like crazy in my genital area on the outside. This inside itch is new for me, and I suppose it's also possible that I have a UTI and a vaginal infection at the same time.

Anyone know what I mean? While I have found only one source suggesting urinary issues can be caused by (severe) yeast infections, how could this get severe in the span of just a couple days?

Will it hurt me if I use an OTC yeast infection treatment and I don't have a yeast infection?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-07-2012, 12:09 AM   #2
(female)

frisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB Userfrisbeefreak HB User
Re: Itching inside vagina + burning with penetration and urination

It will not hurt you to use OTC yeast infection medication if you in fact don't have one. Did you rule out UTI? The urge to pee and burning with urination is classic for UTI's. It is very possible you have a vaginal infection along with a UTI.

Closed Thread