It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
(female)

saltire HB User
Pain lower right side-ovary???

I have been having really bad right side pain on and off for a couple months. It is sometimes worse than others. Last week i started my period on the mon and on the Tues the pain in my lower right side was almost unbearable. I took pain killers and it eased it some but didnt take it away. This pain lasted all day then the next 3-4 days was on and off all day, and i felt very sick to my stomach with it. I have never had pain like that before with my periods. Could this be something with my ovary. I have had problems with numbness in my leg when i stand and i am waiting on an MRI for that. I went today for a Colonoscopy as i have had rectal bleeding ( also this pain) i had a polyp removed and have internal hemerrhoids. I told the surgeon about the pain i was in and he is sending me for an Ultrasound of my ovaries and uterus. I am just wondering if anyone else experienced this, and what it was with them?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
Re: Pain lower right side-ovary???

The most common causes of right-sided lower abdominal pain would be ovarian cysts or appendicitis. The only way to tell for sure is to have the tests like MRI's and ultrasounds as you are scheduled for. Best wishes!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-16-2012, 05:20 PM   #3
(female)

saltire HB User

Thankyou, the doctors office called today and i am having a Pelvic Ultrasound this Tues the 22nd May. Will be good to get it checked and find out one way or another thanks for your reply

Old 05-23-2012, 04:07 PM   #4
(female)

saltire HB User

Got the results of my ultrasound today.
It says there is a 2.0cm diameter hypoechoic structure in the right ovary, perhaps representing a complex cyst. A progress study is recommended in 6-8 weeks for further evaluation.
My doctor is making me an appt with my gynecologist. My doctor is a surgeon and did a colonoscopy because of symptoms i was having, when i told him about all the pain i was getting he recommended the pelvic ultrasound.
He says if he had a complex cyst he would want it removed immediately. I am moving overseas the beginning of July. To be honest it scared me. Do this type of cyst resolve on their own, or would it be better if i just get it removed? They are making me an appt ASAP with the gynecologist as its symptomatic.
Is this something i should be really concerned about?

Closed Thread