It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2012, 02:59 PM   #1
(female)

Reassure Me HB User
Miscarriage, STD, or cancer??

I appreciate any help and answers you all can give.

I am 38 years old.
I had my period on 29 April. I was taking Ortho Tri Cyclen birth control pills, but my prescription ran out that month, so I was not covered in May. My boyfriend and I got serious and finally had sex for the first time on 14 May. I was expecting my period on 24 May. It usually comes like clockwork, but it was 8 days late. I thought I may have been pregnant because my boyfriend and I chose to have unprotected sex (we thought if I got pregnant, we'd be happy about it). I found on on 31 May that he was lying about several important things in our relationship, and he was probably messing around with other women, too. I got my period the next day, 1 June. I was sure it was late because of stress and because I had stopped taking the pill. On the heels of finding out about this liar, I saw my gyno and started back on the pill that day, the first day of my period. However, I've been bleeding ever since (today is the 11th). My period has never lasted more than 5 days. This period seemed normal, until I got to day 7. I've had some vaginal/pelvic pain and the blood is mostly bright red instead of turning dark brown like it does near the end of my period. I'm only bleeding enough to need to wear a pantyliner, and it only has little spotting on it, but I see blood when I wipe with tissue. I do see a little of what appears to be mucous in the with bright red blood. When I shower and clean myself, my vaginal area feels a little tender or irritated. I am more tired than usual.
My question is: could I have had a very early miscarriage, or did the liar give me an STD, or is this possibly all a complication from stopping and starting the pill? I have been under tremendous stress with work (and a change in my hours) and finances, and then of course, breaking up with the lying boyfriend. Is this a sign of a cancer? I want an idea of what to expect or brace myself for when I see my gyno because I am all alone. Also, I do have a history of fibroids and "chocolate cysts." I successfully had a fibroid removed from my right ovary 7 years ago. I have not had any fever, but I do have slight vaginal/pelvic pain.
Please help ease my mind!!
Thank you!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread