It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-11-2012, 07:29 AM   #1
(female)

Dewal HB User
Ovarian Cysts

Hello,
I am new to the forum but I have some questions that have been bothering me for a while, so I will get right to the point.

A few months ago I started to experience some pain in my abdomen that eventually became unbearable and I ended up in the hospital. I then found out that I had a cyst on my left ovary that had ruptured an my right ovary was twisted (also known as tortion). I was put on pain killers and scheduled for a checkup - the results came out fine after a few weeks.

Since the cyst ruptured I have been experiencing a lot of pain during my menstrual cycle, and off and on through out the last couple months. Some of the symptoms appear to be coming back, so I am worried I may have another cyst.
I booked a doctor appointment for a week from Friday - the 22nd I believe.
But in the meantime I am becoming more worried, and I am not sure if I am imagining these symptoms or not.

Has anyone else had recurring cysts? What can be done if I do have another cyst, and what can I expect/should I expect from my doctors visit?

Additional information about myself:
I am 23, and am on birth control - which is supposed to help prevent irregularities and cysts from what I have read.
Since the first cyst my period comes two to three times a month for 2-5 days randomly. Before the cyst I was regular.
I eat healthy, and have IBS, I do smoke - but I not sure if that can effect any of my symptoms?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-11-2012, 04:10 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

gingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB Usergingertea HB User
Re: Ovarian Cysts

Before menopause I had a few ruptured ovarian cysts. If I remember correctly, it did take quite a while for the pain to go away completely. Luckily, it wasn't the sign of any problem. When I'd have one rupture the gyn always ordered a pelvic ultrasound to make sure my system asborbed the fluid and it wasn't sitting in a pool somewhere. I knew when they burst, they caused a shooting pain that travelled all the way down my leg.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:52 AM   #3
(female)

Dewal HB User

Alright, well the pain from the actual rupture is long gone - it lasted about three weeks. The pain I get now is off and on and gets worse during my period, I have never had cramps last this long or pain as bad so it worries me a bit. I am still waiting to talk to my doctor an get another ultrasound done.
I am terrified that if I have one now, it will burst before I get to see my doctor. I have all the same symptoms as before; tired, achey, lower back pain, bloating, etc.

It makes it very hard to work lately an it only seems to be getting worse.

Another question I have is, did your periods changes at all afterwards? Mine has become irregular and heavier, aside from super painful.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:54 AM   #4
(female)

Dewal HB User

Alright, well the pain from the actual rupture is long gone - it lasted about three weeks. The pain I get now is off and on and gets worse during my period, I have never had cramps last this long or pain as bad so it worries me a bit. I am still waiting to talk to my doctor an get another ultrasound done.
I am terrified that if I have one now, it will burst before I get to see my doctor. I have all the same symptoms as before; tired, achey, lower back pain, bloating, etc.

It makes it very hard to work lately an it only seems to be getting worse.

Another question I have is, did your periods changes at all afterwards? Mine has become irregular and heavier, aside from super painful.

Closed Thread