It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2012, 02:50 PM   #1
(female)

khgk HB User
Did I have a miscarriage or is it a muscle knot? HELP!

Last night I started getting what I thought was menstrual cramps, so I expected it was my period. I put on a panty liner and went to bed. I woke up and I got my period that night. I went to work.

After awhile at work I started getting horrific pains every 15-20 minutes. I had to stop what I was doing and breath through my mouth until they were gone. Then they started coming every 5-10 minutes. I went over the road and bought some pain relievers, and that helped a little. I had to take out my tampon earlier and use a pad because of the pain.

While I was sitting at my desk I felt something come out, and I thought it was just heavy bleeding. I went to the bathroom to check and there was a white/pinkish tissue hallow sack about the size of a golfball. At one end there was a hole, and at the top of the sack was a dark long red lump inside. I started panicking and took pictures of it unsure if I should show pictures to my doctor or just take the whole thing with me to the doctors. I ended up doing both, and my doctor was unsure of what it was. Since I use birth control, he said that it could either be a fetus or a muscle knot that fell out. But after it fell out I stopped bleeding, and only get a couple spots... could this be a miscarriage?

I have had one current sex partner, which has lasted for about 3 months. The last time we had sex was about 3 weeks ago. I should also mention that I have usually been taking birth control everyday as I should, but there has been a couple days I forgot to take them so I ended up taking 2 at once. Also, the first time we had sex, I wasn't on birth control, and we didn't use any type of protection. I then got started on birth control again when I got my period a week after (very light bleeding that only lasted a couple days.) I took a pregnancy test 3 weeks after to be 100% sure and it was negative.

Could this be a miscarriage? Please help!

Last edited by Administrator; 08-16-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-17-2012, 05:05 PM   #2
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User
Re: Did I have a miscarriage or is it a muscle knot? HELP!

Did the doctor send it off to pathology?

Old 06-18-2012, 05:53 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

jenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB Userjenj770 HB User

I can only tell you that I had the exact same symptoms you describe - horrific pain, the falling out feeling, etc... when I had an actual miscarriage. Like you, I wasn't sure either, but I was pregnant so testing concluded it was a miscarriage.

Old 08-16-2012, 03:59 PM   #4
(female)

Angelikac HB User

Wow the same exact thing happened to me today and it looks exactly the same!!!!!!!!!!! Idk what to think..did u find an answer? Please let me know.

Last edited by Administrator; 08-16-2012 at 04:08 PM.

Closed Thread