It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2012, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

lam41565 HB User
Extremely bad PMS since getting older

I just turned 47 and I have been getting bad PMS for over a year now. I never had any problems when I was younger with PMS. I did have issues where I didn't get my period regularly for years and then sometimes I would miss a month here and there. One time I missed 6 months. I had to go on meds to get pregnant which I did after 3 months and had twins. They will be 21 tomorrow. I have just noticed that this PMS which starts a week before I get my period (which for some strange reason is regular now and monthly and has been for about the past year). The PMS is so bad that I get terribly depressed, don't want to talk to anyone, go right home to bed cuz I'm afraid of what I will say to my husband or kids. I feel like I could just kill someone or break down crying at any given moment. I had asked my primary dr the last time I saw her if there was anything I could take a week before to prevent this and she wanted to put me on anti depressants. I don't want to take those just for 3 or 4 days out of a month that I feel uncontrollable. Does anyone else feel this way? Is is my age? My one friend she felt like this for 5 years before she went through the change. I can't go through this for 5 years let alone another couple of months. I haven't spoke to my husband or kids since Sunday cuz I just want to be alone. So I just go home from work and go to bed. I haven't worked out since it started either and I am very into exercise. Everything just bothers me so much. And we are supposed to go out with my kids tomorrow for their 21st birthday to celebrate with their friends and I'm afraid if I'm not feeling normal by then that I shouldn't even go. I don't want to ruin their special day. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread