It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2012, 11:37 PM   #1
(female)

Mexicobaby2010 HB User
Pain of UTI still present after antibiotics

The ER doctor said I should be better in 24 hrs but it has been I only have a day left of antibiotics and the symptoms should be gone by now. I feel like I am being kicking right between the legs and its a very sharp pain. Since I started taking the antibiotics, I have gotten diarrhea, heartburn on top of always feeling like I have to pee. It has never burned to pee, I just get cramps when I pee even with a bowel movement too. I'm not sure if this is a UTI anymore or if it ever way but if its not a uti then what could it be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 10:14 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

janewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB Userjanewhite1 HB User
Re: Pain of UTI still present after antibiotics

Did you have a urine test to prove that you had a UTI? It might be something else, or it might be that the antibiotic you were given didn't work on your particular infection. You should probably make an appointment to go back and find out.

Diarrhea and heartburn are normal side effects of antibiotics, unfortunately. They should go away after you stop taking the pills, though it might take a little time. Probiotics might help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-19-2012, 10:24 AM   #3
(female)

Mexicobaby2010 HB User
Re: Pain of UTI still present after antibiotics

Yes they did a test for UTI. I am going in today I can't handle the sharp pains

Closed Thread