It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 11:08 AM   #1
(female)

Vanilla2862 HB User
Endometrial Biopsy

Hello all,

I am new here and kind of freaking out. I have to get an endometrial biopsy tomorrow and I have read a few scary things. It sounds like I can expect the procedure itself to be painful but what about the aftermath? Is there normally a lot of bleeding afterwards? Does it bring on a period since they are messing with the endometrium?

I didn't get to ask my OB too many questions but he did say to take 2-3 advil beforehand. And he said it would only take 2 minutes which I don't really believe.

Any advice anyone can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 03:24 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Endometrial Biopsy

Your doctor is absolutely telling you the truth about it only taking two minutes, and taking the Advil beforehand definitely helps. Afterwards, I just had some brown bleeding for a few days, not an actual period.
Come back tomorrow and let us know how it was, okay?

blessings, Sue

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #3
(female)

Vanilla2862 HB User

Thank you so much, Sue!
That makes me feel a little better. Did you
Have cramping after or just the bleeding?

I will definitely let you know how it goes.

Thanks again!!

Old 06-21-2012, 05:17 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User

I had a little cramping but it was very minimal.
Pop in later and let me know how it went....

Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #5
(female)

Vanilla2862 HB User

I'm back from the test and it wasn't very painful but it took a while longer than expected because for some reason my 'uterus wasn't cooperating'! So he almost gave up which would have been horrible. But, he finished. It felt fairly uncomfortable but I have a problem with this type of thing and a very low threshold for pain.

Now I'm having some soreness mild cramping and bleeding which he said would be done by dinner time. From what I've read, it could be longer so I think he's just being optimistic. I'm just glad that's over with!

Thanks Sue for the info. It really helped me be less freaked out. For anyone else having it done, I would say it will be really quick if they can get in right away, probably only 10 seconds. I looked at the collection tube thing and it was sooooo thin. That made me less nervous. And the big cramp I was waiting for never came. I guess cause I took 3 Advil : )

Now I just have to wait for the results. I was so distracted worrying about the procedure, I forgot about that. Lol!!

Old 06-21-2012, 03:43 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

The waiting is always the hardest part. Glad you got through everything okay, sorry your doctor didn't have the easiest time. When do you find out the results?

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Vanilla2862 (06-21-2012)
Old 06-21-2012, 04:27 PM   #7
(female)

Vanilla2862 HB User

He said it could be a week to ten days.
Thanks again for your messages.

Old 06-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ugh, that's a long time. Sending prayers your way!!

Sue

The Following User Says Thank You to slenderella For This Useful Post:
Vanilla2862 (06-29-2012)
Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #9
(female)

Vanilla2862 HB User

All came back normal! That's a relief. Had moderate bloody discharge for a few days and some mild cramping. All in all not too bad of an aftermath. Thanks for the advice and prayers.

Old 06-29-2012, 05:19 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ahhhh, that is WONDERFUL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm very happy for you. Prayers work.

Closed Thread