It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-17-2012, 12:00 PM   #1
(female)

Danidoodle HB User
Please Help I am miserable

over the past 2 1/2 to 3 yrs I have re occurring what I guess would be yeast infections they are not the nasty messy smelly kind its just the Horribly itchy burning kind and I get it every month and I have been to the dr. they gave me some medicine it helped a little bit and we are right back at square one. I have also been down the Monistat road and nothing is working mostly it occurs about a week before I start my period. but sometimes RARELY does it fall away from this schedule should I say....Please someone help, advice, I can not keep going like this. surely there has to be someone else out there like this that can help me.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 05:09 PM   #2
(female)

LilacGardenia HB UserLilacGardenia HB User
Re: Please Help I am miserable

Avoid refined sugar--the yeast bacteria feeds off sugar. Also, don't put soaps and cleaners inside of you--it kills the good bacteria that help keep everything in a healthy balance. Other than that, it sounds like a question to bring up with the doc again.

All the best! <3

Last edited by LilacGardenia; 07-17-2012 at 05:10 PM.

The Following User Says Thank You to LilacGardenia For This Useful Post:
Danidoodle (07-17-2012)
Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-17-2012, 05:44 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Have you taken oral antifungals like Diflucan? Keep in mind some women get recurrent yeast infections from oral contraceptives. I have seen some results with acidifying the vagina with boric acid capsules made by a compounding pharmacist. (600mg) One is inserted into vagina daily. Yeast likes to grow in an alkaline environment so the acid keeps the pH low and helps retard the growth of yeast. You could also talk to your Dr. about taking one Diflucan tablet monthly for prevention.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
Danidoodle (07-17-2012)
Old 07-17-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
(female)

tula12 HB Usertula12 HB User

Have you checked your blood sugar lately, I have the same problem and it is due to my diabetes.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:36 PM   #5
(female)

Danidoodle HB User

they gave me some pill to take like a week before I start my period and its suppose to work all month and I had 3 of those which was 3 months it worked the first 2 the third didn't work. I have heard about the boric acid and how you can make those yourself but I live in a horrible drug county and if i go in to buy empty pill capsules then lord knows what could happen..thats why I have not taken that route. I used another thing today its like a sister to monistat its a 3 day thing and I also heard about plain yogurt to put inside and on the outside to get rid of it so I tried that to well the yogurt helps and until it gets hot and then it goes back to itching and burning worse than before so I looked it up yet again and it said to use peroxide and it would set the balance back kind of like the way boric acid works and IT SET ME ON FIRE! I am just looking for any type of relief at this point.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:40 PM   #6
(female)

Danidoodle HB User

Tula I have never had a problem with my sugar being high or anything like that my stays low so I just got to make sure i eat regularly so it stays were it needs to be. but one thing is for sure when I go back for my annual I am going to ask them about my birth control and see if this may be it and if it is switch it. I use summers eve femine wash that is unfragrenced and hypoallergenic because I have a skin condition and very sensitive to fragrances anyways.

Old 07-18-2012, 12:38 PM   #7
(female)

Overworked HB User

I feel your pain! I am getting the same thing (every 2 weeks) I have been prescribed Fluconazole 150mg to be taken once a week for 6 months, hoping it's gonna work! Maybe you should go back to the doctors. Do they have GUM clinic's in the US? If so they are extremely helpful and worth booking an appointment with!

Old 07-18-2012, 04:27 PM   #8
(female)

Danidoodle HB User

went to the Dr. today and I have a Really bad UTI and yeast infection=(

Closed Thread