HealthBoards

HealthBoards (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Women's Health (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/)
-   -   Labiaplasty, surgeon has cut through clitoris! (http://www.healthboards.com/boards/womens-health/912273-labiaplasty-surgeon-has-cut-through-clitoris.html)

Tallulah1990 07-31-2012 03:55 PM

Labiaplasty, surgeon has cut through clitoris!

Hello,

I had a labiaplasty 3 weeks ago and now the swelling has gone down it is very clear that the tip of my clitoris has been sliced down the middle so it's now in 2 sections. I still have some sensation around the area but I'm totally devastated so I'm just looking for some advice on what I should now do. When I was talking to the surgeon during the consultation I directly asked if there would be any loss of clitoral sensation and he said I wouldn't have any loss of sensation as "I won't be going anywhere near the clitoris"!! My post-op meeting with the surgeon isn't for atleast another 6 weeks as the surgeon is fully booked. I just really don't know what to do, I had the surgery as I felt too self concious to be intimate with anymore, and now I'd be able to be intimate with someone I won't be able to have pleasure. Really lost for what I should do.

girly45 07-31-2012 08:13 PM

Re: Labiaplasty, surgeon has cut through clitoris!

I'm so sorry to hear this. I'd contact the Dr's office and at least speak with a nurse (they always allow that). There's ALWAYS appt's they can squeeze you into if something's really emergency or you have too many concerns - especially after surgery! I'd at least contact the Dr's office and get someone's opinion over the phone. Just remember you'll get through this - try to relax a tiny bit and plan what you're going to do.

noevr 07-31-2012 09:22 PM

hi i read up on this procedure to understand it. From what I read one of the side effects is decreased sensation. I don't think what they did was part of the procedure, sounds like a mistake. Was this done by a board certified plastic surgeon? just wondering. hope its just swelling you see. cj

ladybud 07-31-2012 09:40 PM

I would first contact your Board of medical Examiners and see if there have been any complaints/litigations for malpractice against this surgeon. Try to find out the details of any. This seems an odd complication. I would insist on seeing the surgeon, stating you think there is a complication you are concerned about. I would be evasive about what that is to anyone other than the Dr. so he doesn't have any forewarning and time to think up an excuse or phony explanation. In the event the feeling doesn't return normally by the time everything else has healed, you have reason for litigation. I would not let him think you are considering that, as he may try to alter your records. I would also get a copy of your operative report from the hospital where this was done, and keep a written record of every phone call and visit going forward, just in case. Hopefully, the split is not deep enough to interfere with sensation once healing is completed. Then you can breathe a sigh of relief!