It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 02:06 AM   #1
(male)

Devonian HB User
Injury to clitoris area

Hello,

I am a man. My partner suffers occasional bouts of 'thrush' but in addition, is constantly plagued by soreness and pain caused by the crotch seams of her trousers/jeans rubbing her. So much so that she wears her jeans 'baggy' (away from her crotch) and not fitting properly. She refers to this pain as her trousers "catching her" down there.

Firstly, is this a common problem for ladies?

Secondly, is there a solution that anyone has found?

I am working on the design of a small, curved plastic 'shield' for her, that she could wear over panties and would protect this area from a tight seam by relieving the pressure, but I'd like to know if anyone has a better answer (and don't say "Wear a skirt" - I love to see her in them but she hates skirts!).

Many thanks.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User
Re: Injury to clitoris area

Speaking for myself, I do not know of this to be a common problem with women. She could be extra sensitive, she could be wearing underwear that does not breathe, or too tight of pants. She could simply be long waisted, and cannot find pants with enough inseam to fit properly. Perhaps her favorite style of pants just don't work for her. I agree with the idea of wearing skirts, shorts or other type bottoms if this is an ongoing problem, but of course, she has to be on board with that. I like the protective shield idea, if you could attach it securely enough to avoid slipping and close enough to avoid detection. You also want to avoid anything that will not allow the area to breathe, as that will cause more problems. Best of luck, and happy inventing! I hope you can offer her the comfort she needs.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-09-2012, 04:55 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

hi yeah I've never heard of this either. You said she gets "thrush"? Has she been to a dr. for that? I would definitely see a dr. there's got to be a cream or pill to help that out. good idea w/ the shield though, good luck! cj

Old 08-10-2012, 01:59 PM   #4
(male)

Devonian HB User

Many thanks for your replies.

The thrush is well under control. However, it is the unconnected occasional intimate injuries from tightly-seamed trousers/pants that is a problem for her. An early experiment with a plastic "shield" seems to be successful (so far!) so fingers crossed.

Thanks again.

Old 08-11-2012, 12:36 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

writeleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB Userwriteleft HB User

That is great news, and we all have something to learn from this. As women, we can undergo so much exposure to what is thought to be beautiful and sexy, without much though about the possible side effects to these efforts.

High heel shoes are another example that comes to mind. While many women can march around with their heels 3 or 4 inches above the ground, and still balance their weight without pain or eventual breakdown, others could not possibly forfeit the daily pain and eventual damage done by such a practice. But anything to make our bottoms and legs look "perky". We all have to decide what "beauty" measures we are willing to live with.

We never know what the next fad will be, and if we want to put our bodies to that level of stress to look "pretty".

Of course, I am not insinuating that your lady friend is choosing to be uncomfortable for style, we all have our limitations based on being individuals with clothes, shoes and all the other items we need to cover our bodies. It is very refreshing to see a man helping her with her particular issues, for being comfortable in our own skin (and our pants) is the ultimate choice that will never go out of style.

Best to you!

Old 08-12-2012, 06:09 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

The shield seems like a great idea, but I would make it out of a perforated plastic with holes or mesh, like a screen for ventilation or she may get thrush again. Thrush should be treated with anti-fungal creams. When you perfect your shield, I would apply for a patent and market it, as I think this is a common problem for some women, they just don't talk about it.

Old 08-12-2012, 07:39 AM   #7
(male)

Devonian HB User

Thank you very much for your responses.

Yes, the thrush is under control and not really part of the problem (wish I hadn't mentioned it!!) I only mentioned it in case it was pertinent in the light of the experience of others.

Her problem seems to be that the seams of some trousers/jeans (a particular cut of garment, I guess) that just 'catches' her, often her clitoris but occasionally other parts too (lips). It leaves a small cut,lesion or just a sore patch. This doesn't happen all the time, but it's such an odd occurrence that if many women suffer from this I wondered if there was an alternative answer.

My initial "shield" has been very successful. We ride a motorcycle so it's had a good test. I made the "shield from a piece of very flexible plastic cut from a large squeezy tube of hand cream. It is sort-of triangular shaped(ish), no sharp corners, and I've perforated it a bit with a paper punch.

My next one will be made with the same type of plastic but made 'nicer', and the holes will be better by using a proper hole punch. We secured it over her pants with double-sided tape, to stop it sliding about and dislodging. The tape easily peeled off later, leaving her pants undamaged.

I don't think I'll ever go into production, but I'll happily tell others how I made the "shield" and if it helps them that'll be my reward! Aaaaah!!!

Thanks again for your responses.

Closed Thread

Tags
clitoris, injury, pressure, soreness, vagina