It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-09-2012, 06:22 AM   #1
(female)

keeno HB User
Help - hormonal birth control/hormones/insecurities

Hey ladies,

I'm having some issues which I need some help/reassurance from. I was on the mini pill (progesteron only) for about 3 years and my periods had been fairly regular on it. But then a few months ago, I changed jobs and my periods which had been in sync with my old work colleagues stopped as I was surrounded by a lot more women. It had been about 10 weeks since my last period and I'd done a pregnancy test and it was negative and so I made the decision to stop the pill to stop feeding my body this hormone!

I had a period a couple of days after I stopped it which was good and then thought I'd give it a couple of months and then get back on it. My boyfriend and I don't want children yet. I was fine for about 2 and a half weeks and then one day I started to have all these negative thoughts about my relationship which are really out of character and out of the blue (I'm in a happy, loving relationship that I value more than anything and have been completely sure about since we got together). I literally went from happy and content one day to emotion, negative and insecure the next and it's really got me down, I feel like I've lost myself. I'm now suffering with major anxiety and have lost all the confidence in myself.

The only thing that had changed is that I stopped taking my pill and so to try and help me sort myself out, I started taking it again almost 2 weeks ago. I was doing a lot better and just having a couple of small wobbles a day but then I forgot to take my pill yesterday and I had a big wobble again and feel quite lost again.

I am on my period at the moment and it started around 30 days after my previous one started which I guess would be right for a normal period? If so, how do hormones change during a period cycle?

Has anyone else come off the pill and found their hormones have been all over the place?

Has anyone gone on the pill to help regulate their hormones and how long did it take for them to get regulated?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Feel like I'm going mad.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread