It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-15-2012, 02:47 PM   #1
(female)

worried7221 HB User
Should I be worried? sex while taking bc and antibiotics while on period

So here is what is going on - I have been taking ortho tri cyclen lo faithfully every night at 10 o'clock since about June, 2009 when I was 17 going on 18. I'm now 21 and have been on the pill for just over 3 years. My boyfriend and I always have unprotected sex, and he always **** in me. Last Wednesday I began taking flagyl (metronidazole) for a bacterial infection. I was also on my period that week, and we had unprotected sex multiple times; including yesterday which was also my last day taking flagyl. I had to take 1 pill every 12 hours for 7 days. I just started my new pack of birth control on Monday. This morning I woke up with this strange stomach ache that sent me running to the bathroom dry heaving, and spitting up bile. I don't know where this stomach ache came from because while on flagyl, you can't drink. So I know it wasn't that, and I ate good the day before. Anyway, my question is: should I be worried about pregnancy? Should I take a test in the next few days or weeks just to be sure? Or should I just wait it out until my next period is due and see what happens?

I really need some sort of advice or just a little guidance. My stomach is doing little flip flops from my slight nerves right now.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
antibiotics, flagyl, ortho tri-cyclen lo, period, unprotected sex