It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2012, 11:03 AM   #1
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
I dunno if this is the right place

But I hope someone can help me. I know the obvious answer would be go to the doctor but I'm waiting for my insurance to come in.

In March of this year I started getting what I thought were yeast infections. I would get very itchy and bleed if I scratched too hard. It would last for a while. Maybe 2-3 weeks at a time. Then it would stop for 2 weeks and come back. At this time I was pregnant with my 3 month old. When the nurse checked me she said it looked like I had mild Bacterial Vaginosis. I wasn't treated though. In April I had it happen again and I still wasn't treated.

I thought it was just a pregnancy thing but my son is 3 months old now and I still get itchy. Not just itchy inside but around the cl*toris area as well. I notice if my husband and I have sex it calms down. I read online it could be something with hormones, LP hormones to be exact. I'm not too sure about that though.

Well, the itchiness came back a few weeks ago and now I'm experiencing pain when I pee. It burns and feels hot. Once I'm done peeing it still burns for a while. Today, I went to pee, it burned as usual but when I wiped I had some yellow thick discharge on the toilet paper, along with some pink blood. I'm not due for my period for another 2 weeks so it's not that. I really dunno what's going on. I don't have pain in my back but I do have some rib pain. I exercise daily though so it could be due to that (the pain).

Should I go to the ER and get this taken care of? If I wait for my insurance I know I could be waiting a long time and I don't want this to result in a kidney infection.

Is it possible to have a UTI AND a yeast infection at the same time??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 01:47 PM   #2
(female)

zip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB Userzip452 HB User
Re: I dunno if this is the right place

Hi. I hope you are feeling better! I think you definitely should get checked out. It is definitely possible to have a yeast infection and a UTI. Sometimes a yeast infection can irritate your urethra and cause some of the UTI symptoms.

The recurring BV that is untreated worries me. Also this rib pain - is it on one side? There can be something called pelvic inflammatory disease (PID) that can cause a wide array of symptoms and could be assosciated with you not being treated for BV especially during pregnancy.

I would suggest urine and vaginal cultures to tell what exactly is going on and an examination to pinpoint where your symptoms seem to be coming from. Good luck!

Old 08-17-2012, 06:50 PM   #3
(female)

Chrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB UserChrissy26 HB User
Re: I dunno if this is the right place

Thanks for the reply! Yes I have severe rib pain that comes and goes, mainly on my right side. I think I should take a trip to the ER asap. Thanks.

Closed Thread