It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2012, 02:57 AM   #1
(female)

SophieeLouisee HB User
Exclamation Worried Teen, Please Help

I was wondering whether someone could chill me out a bit.

Im 17 years old, and have just come out of hospital today after being in since the 10th. I went in to hospital on the 10th with severe stomach ache underneath my belly button and down my left side. i was in over the weekend as i was waiting for an ultrasound scan on the 13th. the pain gradually moved from the middle of my stomach to my entire left side and round the back slightly. The pain was constant and I had nausea constantly with it as well. i threw up twice but it was like foam

When i saw the doctors they had a feel of my tummy and i was very tender on my right side even though i had very little pain there. On the 13th i had my us scan and it turned out that i had a 2cm cyst on my right ovary, although they had trouble finding my left ovary. On the 14th i was discharged from hospital with Tramadol to ease the pain and they told me that the cyst would go on its own although the Tramadol doesn't seem to be working. Now here is my concern...

I know a 2cm cyst isn't very big but I am in agony and its all on my left side. They never sent me for another scan to try and find my left ovary considering that is where all of my pain is. So I am concerned that I could possibly have an even bigger cyst on my left one. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do or what could be causing my pain if another cyst isn't the answer? Please help! Many thanks x

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2012, 06:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

Seraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB UserSeraph HB User
Re: Worried Teen, Please Help

If you had a big cyst on your left ovary, they probably would have seen it. More likely is that the cyst is a bit inflamed and causing pressure on your bowel. This would radiate pain all over your abdomen. Having said that, do not let it go on or get worse over the next day or so without going back to the doctor. Sera

Old 08-17-2012, 06:54 AM   #3
(female)

SophieeLouisee HB User
Re: Worried Teen, Please Help

Thanks for that.

Closed Thread

Tags
cancerous, hospital, ovarian cyst, ovarian cysts, stomach ache