It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2012, 12:40 PM   #1
(female)

hello40 HB User
Leaking FLUID but not urine through pants ? WORRIED...

My mother is 65 years old. She had a hysetectomy about 15 years ago . Sje takes a lot of medication and it makes her mouth dry so lately she has been drinking a lot of water, about 3-4 water bottles during the day and 2 at nightime.

For the past month she has been getting leakage through her pants, and clothes . She doesnt feel like she needs to use the bathroom, it just leaks out. Its enough to have her need to change her clothing.

Doo you know if this is from excess water drinking ? Or is this actual bladder falling and urine leakage ? She said it doesnt seem like urine, but more like a clear liquid.

Does anyone know what this can be from ? Thanks so much for all your help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 02:17 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Misty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB UserMisty800 HB User
Re: Leaking FLUID but not urine through pants ? WORRIED...

When a person drinks a lot of water the urine will be clear and have little or no smell. With weak spincher muscles urine will leak and many times a person is not aware when the leak actually takes place. Keeping the bladder emptied on frequent basis will help. Some of us know where every restroom is in our city!!

Pads or Depends will absorb the liquid and help prevent clothing from being soiled.

The pelvic muscles are weak and not keeping the spincher muscle in closed position. Also the bladder could be prolapsed.

The more babies a woman births the more likely they will end up with this problem.

Keegles exercises will help some, however many people will not do them on a regular basis to be successful. There are also vaginal weights to use inside the vaginia to help strengthen the pelvic floor muscles. Keegles and weights takes a while to be effective.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: Leaking FLUID but not urine through pants ? WORRIED...

For women of a certain age, as they say, this is common. Coughing or laughing can be a problem. Exercise also. I have to urinate right before I go jogging or I won't make the whole 2 miles. HRT can help some and also exercises.

Closed Thread