It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-14-2012, 02:58 AM   #1
(female)

Ninji HB User
Big bleeding night before hysteroscopy d&c

Hello.. I'm nervous.. I have fibroids and am about to have the op tommorrow... Ive already rang the dr who said still Come in... Has anyone else been bleeding heavy during their op? how did it go.

I've been on progesterone tablets 3 times a day.. Double dose.. Doesn't seem to work

I'm having it all done due to heavy bleeding resulting in anaemia ..

Thanks.

Old 09-14-2012, 07:45 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: Big bleeding night before hysteroscopy d&c

From my experience with both hystroscopy and laprotamy, I can tell you that when I got my period before a scheduled hystroscopy, the doc said she couldn't do it cause the blood would have obstructed the view and she couldn't remove the polyps I had. However, with my huge fibroid, I was bleeding to death so badly that I needed blood transfusions and that time, they cut me open in the abdomen to remove the fibroid. Things are much calmer for me since I got that fibroid out but my doc said that they usually can't be removed via hystroscopy cause they are attached to the muscle of the uterus and that makes removal very hard unless they cut you open. So I can't speak for your doc, why they would choose to do it that way for you. I don't know how they will remove a fibroid with that method unless it's really small and easy to get to. Even still, if they miss any of the fibroid tissue it's possible that it will grow back in the same place.

I don't know. I'm not a doctor, I'm just a frequent patient with so many gyne problems that are uterus related and I know my own experience as well as what my gyne has told me about options. That's why it seems so weird to me that your doc would offer to do a hystroscopy and D&C for a fibroid when my gyne has been telling me repeatedly over the years that it's not a viable option for a fibroid only for polyps and ovarian cysts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2012, 08:43 PM   #3
(female)

Ninji HB User
Re: Big bleeding night before hysteroscopy d&c

Cheers.. Yep had it done and she couldn't see anything polop removed (she asked if I could have been pregs). My cervix is also very large.. Large enough that it wouldnt hold a marina.. She recomended a hystorectomy..I still have lots of questions. It will direct them to the dr. There is lots of printed material that does state fibroids are removed this way... So might be just for you.. Have u had a second opinion?

Closed Thread