It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-17-2012, 05:37 PM   #1
(male)

faerla HB User
Pain After Ovarian Cyst- need some help!

I was diagnosed with a 2.8 cm cyst on my right ovary a month ago, following a month of a TON of pain on the lower right side, right next to my hip, as well as some unusual periods (light spotting a couple of days before period came, never had before). I had an ultrasound this week that showed that the cyst is gone. Unfortunately, before I could start celebrating, I felt the pain coming back. It had been gone for about two weeks, but slowly, since the day before the ultrasound, it started showing up again. It's not nearly as intense, but definitely back and annoying! My period was also five days late but otherwise normal. I imagine it can't be another cyst, as they develop when you're ovulating and I'm currently on my period.

I've had my kidneys checked and they are fine, I do have IBS, but this is not at all the same pain, and my IBS pain tends to be on the left. I've had a colonoscopy as well, which showed no sign of endometriosis or anything weird in my intestines.

Has anyone had pain after a cyst goes away? There's no sign that it ruptured, but could it take a while to heal from the cyst or something? Can you have ovarian cancer without cysts? I'm 30 and a total hypochondriac, and worrying about this is really taking it's toll.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #2
(female)

Lynnae84 HB User
Re: Pain After Ovarian Cyst- need some help!

Hello... hopefully you'll see this message since it's been 4 days from your post.

The pain can be caused by a number of reasons. The first thing that comes to mind is middleshmerz (however you spell it). It's almost always in the middle of your cycle when your ovary releases an egg. Since you did have your period prior to the ultrasound, if I read correctly, then this possible scenerio is likely. I believe it's normal to have slight to moderate pain after a cyst is gone when the ovary releases the egg. Tenderness in the abdomen, cramping pain etc seems fine. However, if it becomes more severe then I would go get it checked out. Don't hesitate when it comes to your body. You know whats normal and what isn't. Perhaps you have another cyst forming that is too small for the ultrasound tech to spot.

I recently was diagnosed with a complex ovarian cyst measuring 6.6 cm. Just 3 weeks ago the same cyst only measured 1.6 cm. I'm pretty worried. Some days all I experience is pressure with very minimal pain. Other days I'm a wreck and in need of pain killers. As the days go by I'm noticing the pressure build and build. I have a OBGYN apt. on Monday, 9-24-12. Hopefully I'll find out more then. If the cyst is on it's same growth rate then it should be in the 7-8 cm range when I have the follow up ultrasound. I'm really worried and not sure why it's growing so quickly!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread