It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2012, 05:20 PM   #1
(female)

roselacy HB User
Unhappy Transvaginal Ultrasound, Pain, ect.

I'm 17 and went to get a well woman check to try and get on birth control. I mentioned that I have had a lot of deep pain during and after sex, and sometimes randomly in my lower abdomen and they had me do a transvaginal ultrasound. The procedure itself was not painful at all really, but I'm having some fairly intense pelvic pain now (6 hours after the ultrasound). It feels similar to the pain I have during sex and after and such, just more intense and a little more spread out. They said I won't be told of any abnormal results from the ultrasound until after about a week, so I have no idea if I have cysts that could have been damaged or something since the appointment, or if I should disregard the ultrasound altogether and think of it as a coincidene that the pain started up tonight? I've been searching the internet for pictures of ovarian and uturine ultrasounds to compare the look of mine to, but it's all just really frustrating to me. I don't know if I should be worried about my current pain or not. For the record, when the pain started tonight I was just lying in bed doing schoolwork. Any help, please, on anything would be appreciated. This was my first internal ultrasound and I've only been sexually active for around a year, and only with on person. The pain started up in the past few months, but the pain tonight is new. It's not only in my lower abdomen, it almost feels like there are pangs of pain randomly a bit higher, like around my spleen every once and a while, or just around my stomach. Sorry for the length, just worried and confused.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal pain, pelvic pain, sexual pain, transvaginal ultrasound