It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-28-2012, 02:35 PM   #1
(female)

Crystalclear918 HB User
Arrow Dermoid cyst question

When I was pregnant with my first child, a cyst was found on my right ovary during an ultrasound. 6 months after birth, I had it along with my entire right ovary removed. It was a dermoid cyst about 8cm. Since then, I've gotten pregnant a second time and during each ultrasound, my left ovary has been checked for cysts (per my paranoid request.) My second child is now 15 months old (for reference on how long ago I've had an ultrasound.) For the past week I've been having consistent pain on my lower left abdomin, feels like cramps but constant. Hurts more when sitting or laying on my left side, pain subsides when standing. It isnt the kind of pain that stops me in my tracks but is uncomfortable. I'm having surgery in 2 weeks to lift my bladder (two babies birthed vaginally, caused a ruckus on my bladder!) I called my doctor and she thinks theres a chance it could be another cyst and said I can go in for an ultrasound now before surgery but she would definitely check during my bladder surgery. I've opted not to have an ultrasound since I'm having surgery soon and my insurance only covers a portion of ultrasounds. I was under the impression that dermoid cysts are typically something you're born with (my doctor guessed that the one I had removed had been there a very long time based on its size, how it was wrapped around my ovary, and history of terrible cramps and periods.) I know it could be another kind of cyst that might not even need to be removed but I'm scared it's a dermoid and will need to be removed along with the ovary it's residing on. What are the chances of a dermoid cyst developing? I'm 31 years old and terrified I'll have to go through early menopause because my last ovary will need to be removed.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-28-2012, 02:54 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

slenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB Userslenderella HB User
Re: Dermoid cyst question

I have never heard of a dermoid cyst developing. I had one and everything I read at that time said that it's something you're born with.

Closed Thread

Tags
abdominal pain, cyst, ovarian cysts