It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-29-2012, 06:34 PM   #1
(female)

kaykay11 HB User
Somethings wrong 'down in the valley'

So, two weeks ago I started getting this very clear watery discharge. No odor. No itching. No burning. It was literally pouring out of me at points like urine (which is wasn't, I'm sure) I had to wear a pad to avoid looking like I'd peed my pants at work. Anywho, this stops and my fiancée and I have sex. Immediatley after I felt irritated. A stinging sensation at my vaginal opening. I did a mirror check and the opening was a lighter white color. No discharge. The skin had a pinkish white tint. And I noticed a small lump the size of a pea located where a Bartholins cyst would emerge. This skin/bump had no feeling. I could squeeze it and touch it and felt nothing. The stinging around my vaginal opening is intermittent. Like a sharp cut here and there. I went to the clinic. NP says its not a cyst. In fact, she's unsure what it is. Had no idea. She checked my discharge and says it has increased white blood cells, which indicate infection. But she doesn't know what it could be. I have no STDs. I tried monistat in case it was a weird yeast infection producing no clumpy discharge. Didn't work. She wrote me an Rx for Doxycycline, which I reluctant to take since we aren't even sure what we are treating. She said its not BV...which I had reoccurring in the past until I upped my vit d dose daily. So I agree with that. Its nothing like BV. No STD. No yeast. What could it be? To add some insight
I'm 3 months Postpartum. I have precancerous cervical cells. And the cured BV (thank God!) Anyone have any clue what this could be?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-29-2012, 06:46 PM   #2
(female)

kaykay11 HB User
Re: Somethings wrong 'down in the valley'

A little more info, I was nasesous for about 1 week prior to all this. I have occassional pain on the right side of my pelvis. My bowels are never normal. Alternating constipation/loose stools. Which have caused wicked internal hemorrhoids that like to make an appearance when I have a bowel movement. And the NP also indicated my lymph node on the right side is swollen a bit. I contribute the irregular bowels to IBS or celiacs. I'm not sure. I doubt its related. But I figured I'd throw it out there. Please help my vagina! =[ I want to know what sort of 'infection' I have.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:21 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

Did the NP do Chlamydia cultures and a wet prep for thrichomoniasis? The fact that you are postpartum makes me wonder if you may have had a retained fragment of placenta that got infected. Sometimes a small shred will stay attached to the uterus and get infected later. This normally would cause cramping and pain with intercourse. Have you had that? If you get a fever or bad cramping, you should see your OB GYN and question that possibility. The watery discharge could be from the uterus not the vagina.

Old 09-29-2012, 07:26 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

I didn't see your 2nd post until after I posted. The node on the right, the same side as pain, is also consistent with infection. Did the NP do a pelvic exam with her hands to check your uterus for tenderness? That is needed as any infection in the uterus would cause pain on movement of the uterus. Perhaps you need to see the Dr. this time, as it seems you got no answers unless cultures are still pending.

Closed Thread