It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2012, 08:35 AM   #1
(female)

lovearte HB User
Angry Post menopausal 18 months, limb weakness and bleeding

Hi everyone,

This is my first post. I would like to know if anyone else has encountered my medical events.

I am 49 and been post menopausal for more than 18 months. GP did a test and confirmed this 18 months ago. So no period for almost 2 years.

Around the same time I suddenly felt unwell but couldnt put my finger on why. Then severe shooting head pain effecting my eyes, fatigue, limb heaviness, difficulty concentrating and other symptons. Then 4 months ago I suddenly experiences complete loss of use of limbs...literally! I couldnt walk, move arms or hold anything and was hospitalised under Neurology. They did some MRI's that were clear, blood tests, but otherwise seemed disinterested. The weakness subisded 95% though still bad head pains etc. Since then had extreme bowel changes, poor bladder, pain in colon and lower ribs cage and had left arm numbness with pain in node area to underarm.(I am a 6-8 a day smoker) Neurologist and GP been very unhelpful.

Had US which showed one shrunk ovary, other enlarged with a cyst (fluid cyst). Had pelvic pain, lower back ache and hips pain. Suddenly two weeks ago had 3 days heavy bleeding. Now due a Hysteroscopy in a week for a biopsy. Uterus lining is approx. 8. (normal I understand is around 4.5).

I am worried . Should a biopsy be taken because if cancer won't this disturb the cancerous cells?

Anyone else had the same as me??........I just keep thinking cancer due to my symptons. What else could the problem be that falls along with everything. Would hormone imbalance do all this?

Anyone in or been in the same boat I would be very pleased to hear from you.

Thanks for reading.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread