It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

HeySunshine HB User
Thumbs up Vitex is my miracle drug!

Hi all,

A little about myself... I've had normal menstrual cycles all the way up to a year and a half ago. My cycles used to range from 28-35 days. I would experience severe cramping and heavy bleeding. I have yet to figure out why that has changed, but I took it upon myself to try and fix the problem (I have grown tired of the waiting game)! I am currently having 45 + days w/ barely any PMS symptoms. It is quite annoying I may add! I love to do research and so I came across this really awesome herb called Vitex (chaste tree... it actually has a few different names). Anyways... I read it helps with menstruation irregularities by balancing your hormones. I figured herbs are good for the body so why not try this... it couldn't hurt me right (my body is already screwed up ) Today is Tuesday October 9th... I started taking it Friday October 5th (5 days ago). After I started taking Vitex... my breasts began to get sore. Last night I woke up with some moderate cramping, which I still have tonight because I got my period. I've never ever been happy to get my period until now, lol! I got it on the 45th day. This is actually kinda early for me since I've only had 2 periods since July 4th! The first one I got around Aug. 25... and this is the second one (Oct. 9th). I am going to continue to take Vitex hoping it brings me back to a 28 - 30 day cycle. I am in the progress of trying to get my body fertile again... in hopes of conceiving a year from now.

I am also taking prenatal vitamins, fiber vitamins, and biotin.

If anyone has questions don't hesitate to ask me... also if anyone has their own personal experience with Vitex I would love to hear about it! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-09-2012, 08:51 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

HeySunshine HB User
Re: Vitex is my miracle drug!

Now I am confused... I'm not sure if I started my actual period, or if I am just spotting. It's not very heavy like a normal period (a little lighter) and it's more of a brownish/pinkish color :/ I'm still cramping... maybe it will get heavier tomorrow.

Closed Thread