It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2012, 07:39 AM   #1
(female)

Ehen227 HB User
Ovarian cyst

Over the last couple years, I have had random symptoms of illness that have made me think something was wrong. Not until recently did I come across could it be an ovarian cyst. Symptoms over the last couple years have included:
Becoming quickly ill with fever and vomiting-sleeping it off for 10+ hours, then being okay. These episodes have not been food poisoning or flu or stomach bug, but different. This has happened three times over last couple years.
Nauseau and other pregnancy symptoms even though I was not and have not been pregnant.
Lower back pain
Bright red blood at end of stool
Episodes of increased urination that disrupts sleep
Having to go IMMEDIATELY to bathroom for bowel movement, could not hold
But let me note I do not suffer from constipation or diarrhea. I am very regular. Like clockwork, I wake up and go and it's solid and quick.
Just the bright red blood at times when I wipe and at end that comes out last. Does not coat or cover stool
My underarm hair has suddenly diminished significantly
Twenty pound rapid weight gain when stopped birth control.
All weight was gained in stomach. I know because I was exercising and eating healthy and I took measurements.
Waist went from 34 to 36 in approx
And belly button 38 to 40
When NOT sucking in
I can suck in and have a very attractive figure.
I used to consistently weigh around 130 when I was not dieting or exercising.
I also do not eat much because I feel uncomfortably full after eating a small amount most of the time.
When I dieted and exercised in past I would be 120s.
I now have jumped to 160!!!
I had never ever weighed above 140.
Also my measurements of arms legs etc stayed same or decreased slightly.
1) if not cysts, what else could this be?
2) if cysts, what else can I look for on my own? Can I feel my own stomach for signs somehow. Can my doctor test my hormones w bloodwork? Before I ask for ultrasound? What should I say to doctor? She already brushed off weight gain?
I have hid stomach w dresses, so do I need to pull up my shirt and show her?
I am a teacher and ALL my students are convinced I'm pregnant even though I try to hide stomach from them. They have noticed my body change and question me about it.
I always had primary care doc do pap. I had annual in May. This was before 20 pound weight gain.
Should I make appt w gyno? Are they likely to brush me off too?
I am NOT pregnant. I have tested, am having period, etc.
I also recently had blood work done and white/red blood cells were all normal, etc
My vitamin d was low-29 and I am now taking a daily supplement for that
I also have been on synthroid for over five years and all that is regulated/blood work good
No previous ovary issues, but fibroadenoma removed from breast before

Last edited by Ehen227; 10-13-2012 at 07:47 AM. Reason: Add

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread