It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #1
(female)

starsandmoon HB User
19, do I have an ovarian cyst??? A little scared

Sorry if this is long!!

Okay so this all kind of started in early September. I first had abdominal pain on my right side, and it hurt to breathe in deeply to a point; it felt like I pulled a muscle.

But that went away, and I was left with a pain on the right side of my pelvis, it seems right where my ovary might be. It's like a dull ache that comes and goes, not too painful, but still annoying, and it sometimes hurts my thigh.

It lasted for a long time, through my period, and didn't go away until about 2 weeks ago, and I was SO happy it was gone. Then I had my period, but it made me so nauseous and in so much pain I had to skip class, and it was very heavy. It usually isn't THAT bad. And both my periods during this time were not late. There was a little spotting, like I wouldn't bleed one night, then the next day I was flowing (gross, I know). The same ache on my right side pelvis came back now that I'm done with my period, and I'm sooo mad.

I'm a ballet dancer, and it doesn't really hurt while I exercise, I feel it more while I'm sitting, but not so much when I lay down. I've always been really skinny, never been a big eater, and I've stayed about the same weight for almost a year. I get very anxious, and sometimes I can't eat because I'm so nervous. I don't have trouble peeing or doing the number two. Sometimes I do get gassy, and feel gas around the achy area. I've noticed there is more pain when I drink sodas or have fatty, processed foods (McDonald's lol). I do get nauseous from time to time, but this may also be the damn anxiety (Ugh, this pain gives me more anxiety, to boot). Also, I'm NOT sexually active, I'm the virginest virgin alive. I wonder if I'm also really hormonal, I've been pretty bipolar and crying a lot lately. For the record, I have fibrocystic breasts, my mom does too. I've read that one will sometimes get ovarian cysts if they have cysts in their breasts as well.... I can't tell if I'm fatigued; I'm a college student who stays up late and dances a lot, but I'm perfectly fine when I sleep well. I don't smoke, or drink.

I am really scared. I'm really busy with dance and shows for the next 2 months, I don't know if I can go to the doctor, and I'm terrified of a diagnosis, or a death sentence. The word cancer is thrown around everywhere, and it frightens me more than anything. There is so much I want to do in the years to come, and I don't want to torture my family and friends. I'm only 19. This impending doom feeling plagues me. I try to ignore it. I try to convince myself it's just a cyst, and it will go away.

Is this some sort of ovarian cyst, ladies?

Thank you so much.

Last edited by starsandmoon; 10-18-2012 at 10:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-01-2012, 12:48 PM   #2
(female)

surge527 HB User
Re: 19, do I have an ovarian cyst??? A little scared

Just wanted to share my experience with you. I had a pain on my lower left abdomen area. The pain grew more and at the end it was very excruciating, we were with my husband vacationing in Prague and I just couldn't continue our walking tour due to the pain, went to hotel to rest but pain got worse. General hospital did an abdomen ultrasound and then sent me to Gynecological hospital to get transvaginal ultrasound. That's when they discovered my 10cm ovarian cyst. I was very scared but the doctors were the kindest I ever encountered... they explained that I could get a "puncture" which is a 15 minute procedure and if that didn't help then they would proceed with a laparoscopy. I was so freaked out that I asked them to put me on anesthesia for the puncture. Woke up an hour later and they told me that I had to stay overtonight to get another transvaginal ultrasound to make sure the cyst was gone. To my astonishment and happiness, it was gone! I was released from hospital a few hours later and was able to proceed with our walking tour.

I suggest you ask your doctor for transvaginal ultrasound to see if you have any cysts... It didn't hurt me at all even though i was in pain when i had the cyst... it was just a bit annoying but that's it. If you do have a cyst ask them about puncture instead of laparoscopy... many doctors want to jump into surgery before trying this other very useful method.

I hope this helps. Take care!

Closed Thread

Tags
ovarian cyst, pelvic pain, period