It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-20-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
(female)

Aquarius5 HB User
Ultrasound report- Findings

Ultrasound report- Findings
Anteverted uterus that measures 9.2*5.0*5.4cm.
Several Intramural fibroids identified. Posterior fundal fibroid measures 3.2*2.5*3.0cm
Second fibroid in posterior lateral uterus measures 3.4*2.7*2.6cm.
Endometrium measures 1.0m.
A trace amount of fluid is seen in the cul de sac.
Right ovary 3.1*1.7*2.3cm.
Left ovary measures 4.5*2.2*2.8cm.
A cyst measures 2.5*2.5*2.6cm.
Multiple small follicles identified bilaterally.
Impression: several fibroids identified.

I have to go back to both my gyna and MD to explain this to me. But I will also like to get another point of view as to what does all the above state?

Old 10-21-2012, 06:57 AM   #2
(female)

Aquarius5 HB User
Re: Ultrasound report- Findings

Could anyone who may have any insight on this get back to me.
Will like to know if this is anything serious, or what to do next?

Thanks

Last edited by Aquarius5; 10-21-2012 at 07:00 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-21-2012, 07:22 AM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Good morning! Yoir ultrasound looks like you have 2 or 3 fibroids in your uterus. Uterus is tilted. Your ovaries, one has a cyst. The other ovary is a little bigger because you ovulated on that side this month,Follicles are the eggs seen in your ovary. When i had ovarian cysts this is what my U/S looked like.Except no fibroids, but yes a tilted uterus. I was told this is very common, but its according to your symptoms what treatment the dr will recommend. I had a laparascopy to drain cyst. The fibroids? Again, the dr will determine what treatment is right for you. I'm so sorry if the report frightened you. Are you having any symptoms?

The Following User Says Thank You to gmak For This Useful Post:
Aquarius5 (10-21-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 10:55 AM   #4
(female)

Aquarius5 HB User

Hello Gmak,
Thank u for taking the time to respond to my report as well as my concerns.
And yes I admit it did scare me a little, not knowing exactly if anything was wrong with me at all. I also did some blood work (test) checking my thyroid, hormones, ctc, etc. and by this week I should get feed back together with an explanation to my report states.
So it should be ok, nothing major to worry about right?
I'm only experiencing like right now some kind of pain in my left side alil, a lot to my lower left side back, it feels like a burning feeling as well. It's also irritating my left leg,when I walk or just simply lie and relax. Is this anything to have any concern about? I was also wondering if its anything to do with my kidneys cause the pain feels like its irritating that area as well?!!!

Thanks again.

The following user gives a hug of support to Aquarius5:
gmak (10-21-2012)
Old 10-21-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

That area where your ovary is is right by the solar plexus. Which is where your ureters come doen from your kidneys to your bladder,carrying urine. Ovarian cysts hurt alot sometimes or not @ all to some people. I hurt. The dr said that when it ruptures or leaks it can cause a chemical peritonitis, meaning that your peritoneum( an organ that looks like fascia on skirt steak & holds all your organs from falling down from gravity) gets irritated & inflamed. The fluid in the cul de sac? Maybe that is why? I dont know. Fibroids, are benign & on the lining or imbedded in the wall of uterus. Yours are big enough to be heavy & may cause pain. Your leg & back, not sure if just female trouble could cause that but it seems possible. Some drs leave fibroids in, others take them out & leave uterus, others may remove whole uterus. Depends on your age, want to have more children & to what extent the dr thinks is causing your pain. I really hope when you see dr that he/she has answers & can make you feel better again! If you need an ear i will be here. Be sure to tell the dr exactly what you told me about all the places that it hurts,so that the dr can check you for other things which you both deem necessary.

Old 10-21-2012, 07:29 PM   #6
(female)

Aquarius5 HB User
Smile Re: Ultrasound report- Findings

Ok I definitely have to save and print everything u said, especially when I'm goin back to see the doctor. I forgot to indicate also, the impression also indicated my left ovary have a cyst, but u already figured that out, also it said I am PCOS(poly cystic ovary syndrome). So what ur also saying is having a tilted uterus can affect or is possible to affect my bladder/kidneys....what about feeling constipated, like wanting to go but can't at some times, it's possible I'm affected as well? U mentioned peritoneum, at times when I have my menstruals, I feel like something in me is falling, or weighing me down, and when I sit I feel much better compared to standing, do u think its cause it could be irritated or inflamed?
I'm 29 by the way and no kids....not for a little while at least, so I'm hoping removing uterus is not in my option. But I will mention my concerns to the dr. As u said and I really appreciate everything u said, ur patience and helpfulness all the way, walking me through this.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:06 AM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarius5 View Post
Ok I definitely have to save and print everything u said, especially when I'm goin back to see the doctor. I forgot to indicate also, the impression also indicated my left ovary have a cyst, but u already figured that out, also it said I am PCOS(poly cystic ovary syndrome). So what ur also saying is having a tilted uterus can affect or is possible to affect my bladder/kidneys....what about feeling constipated, like wanting to go but can't at some times, it's possible I'm affected as well? U mentioned peritoneum, at times when I have my menstruals, I feel like something in me is falling, or weighing me down, and when I sit I feel much better compared to standing, do u think its cause it could be irritated or inflamed?
I'm 29 by the way and no kids....not for a little while at least, so I'm hoping removing uterus is not in my option. But I will mention my concerns to the dr. As u said and I really appreciate everything u said, ur patience and helpfulness all the way, walking me through this.
Well, im just here for support, friendship, bit i was just relaying what i learned from having it my self.lol tilted uterus usually means tilted back or toward your front. So

common i dont think could cause urinary probs. Its that on left side where ovary is, your ureters are there & your colon. Constipated? And feeling like gravity making something fall. Think that is weight of your uterus. Peritoneum stops organs from falling. Fibroids cause compression on bladder and intestines causing your symptoms. Fibroids are caisrd by hormone imbalance. PCOS has high estrogen which affects endometrium, i.e. fibroids. Fibroids are treated with alot of hormones.But, most important for you is this. You need pcos treated, but with a woman who wants children there are 2 surgeries. Myomectom

y, keeps uterus & in alot of women it improves fertility if fibroids were causing infertility. A laparascopic procedure endometrium ablation. I dont know if this causes infertility. But, definitely! Hhysterectomy is easier on dr. DO NOT let dr tell you that you have to have that! Or with pcos& fibroids u wont have kids so get hysterectomy. NO. Both are treatable & then you find new dr Ok? We sill pray and all will be fine. Plus, i had to tell you because sometimes you need a 2 nd opinion on drs & you might not even know unless someone told you! I didnt eant that to happen@all..too important! Let me know how everything goes.. God bless you!

Last edited by gmak; 10-22-2012 at 12:15 AM.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:05 PM   #8
(female)

Aquarius5 HB User

Ok will let u know how things go and will keep in mind everything u have told me.
Thanks again Gmak....we chat again soon,laters!

Old 10-23-2012, 05:06 PM   #9
(female)

Aquarius5 HB User
Wink Re: Ultrasound report- Findings

Ok will let u know how things go and will keep in mind everything u have told me.
Thanks again Gmak....we chat again soon,laters!

The Following User Says Thank You to Aquarius5 For This Useful Post:
gmak (10-23-2012)
Closed Thread