It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 12:14 AM   #1
(female)

Changingflower HB User
Question Is this perimenopause?

Hi everyone,

I have a number of symptoms that from what I have read are perimenopause symptoms. I don't get hot flashes, but I do feel warm. I get the palpatations, aching muscles and joints, burning on the tip of my tongue, rapid heart beat, anxiety, occasional dizzy spells. What confuses me is my hormone tests are not indicating menopause. I have endo and a Thyroid condition(Thyroid is still functioning normally with no medication). I'm getting frustrated with my doctors telling me I am healthy and not menopausal. What is going on? Can anyone give me some idea what might be going on.Is anyone else feeling this. I am 46 so I am creeping into the menopause group. Thanks.

Old 10-22-2012, 12:07 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User92261 HB User
Re: Is this perimenopause?

Changingflower: It could very well be perimenopause. You're at the right age. Dizziness can be caused by low blood pressure and low blood sugars. Are you overweight? I'd also get an allergy test and see if you're allergic to wheat. A wheat/gluten sensitivity could cause some of these issues as well. Are you on any meds? Meds can cause joint and muscle aches. You can also be estrogen dominant and not be menopausal. Look up on the web Dr. John Lee and Estrogen Dominance and see the list he shows about the side effects of estrogen dominance. Also research xenoestrogens which can add to estrogen problems. Soy is a big culprit in estrogen problems as well. It's a phytoestrogen and messes with your estrogen receptors. It's being put in a lot of our foods these days. I hate it. Have you ever tried drinking coconut water? It's a good source of electrolytes and can keep you hydrated. Do you eat a good diet? I see you're from Austrailia. Do you know who the guy is that is from there that has done a juicing detox to get rid of his health problems? A good detox could probably do you wonders. Do you drink a lot of caffeine? When's the last time you had your blood sugars checked?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-22-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
(female)

Changingflower HB User
Re: Is this perimenopause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
Changingflower: It could very well be perimenopause. You're at the right age. Dizziness can be caused by low blood pressure and low blood sugars. Are you overweight? I'd also get an allergy test and see if you're allergic to wheat. A wheat/gluten sensitivity could cause some of these issues as well. Are you on any meds? Meds can cause joint and muscle aches. You can also be estrogen dominant and not be menopausal. Look up on the web Dr. John Lee and Estrogen Dominance and see the list he shows about the side effects of estrogen dominance. Also research xenoestrogens which can add to estrogen problems. Soy is a big culprit in estrogen problems as well. It's a phytoestrogen and messes with your estrogen receptors. It's being put in a lot of our foods these days. I hate it. Have you ever tried drinking coconut water? It's a good source of electrolytes and can keep you hydrated. Do you eat a good diet? I see you're from Austrailia. Do you know who the guy is that is from there that has done a juicing detox to get rid of his health problems? A good detox could probably do you wonders. Do you drink a lot of caffeine? When's the last time you had your blood sugars checked?
Thank you for your reply.

I have had my blood sugar and blood pressure checked and the doctor has told me all is ok. Also, my hormone tests are supposedly normal. I'm not overweight as such, but I could lose alittle bit of weight. I don't drink any caffeine products only water and orange juice and exercise most days, so It is frustrating trying to work out why I feel this way. Just reading alot of the posts, I have noticed many women with ok medical results feeling the same as I do, so I put it down to a slow (and frustrating) progression towards menopause. Have you experienced any menopausal symptoms?

Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 PM   #4
(female)

Changingflower HB User
Smile Re: Is this perimenopause?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92261 View Post
Thank you for your reply.

I have had my blood sugar and blood pressure checked and the doctor has told me all is ok. Also, my hormone tests are supposedly normal. I'm not overweight as such, but I could lose alittle bit of weight. I don't drink any caffeine products only water and orange juice and exercise most days, so It is frustrating trying to work out why I feel this way. Just reading alot of the posts, I have noticed many women with ok medical results feeling the same as I do, so I put it down to a slow (and frustrating) progression towards menopause. Have you experienced any menopausal symptoms?

Closed Thread