It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #1
(female)

painful123 HB User
uterine polyp 3.5cm surgery

i have been dealing with heavy periods clumps of blood and extremely painful cramps with my periods let alone the huge backaches.

my doctor did a d&C in april and thought there was a polyp but i had an sis and it did not show a polyp. The d&c did not stop the heavy bleeding.

The cramping is so bad and the pain is so bad that i am taking narcotics for the pain.

i just had another sis this mornnng and the polyp looks like a tadpool and measures 3.5cm. she even said it was big and so did the tech.

i was put on hormones once before but had a reaction to them

I am scheduled to have an ablation and she now wants to surgically remove the polyp as well. Can anyone tell me if this is adviseable or if there is other ways to get rid of a polyp.

thank you

Old 10-22-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: uterine polyp 3.5cm surgery

If you take a look through my posts here I've answered a lot of these about polyps because I've had them removed like 6 times. For some reason they keep coming back. I have not done an ablation because I want to preserve my uterus in case I still want to have kids at some point. But removing polyps is majorly easy. The polyp grows on a stalk and they just snip it off at the stalk. Once they do that and the ablation afterwards I don't think you should get anymore polyps. Because I think ablated uterine tissue can't grow anything.

The only way to remove polyps is to snip them. But it's no big deal, trust me. I had a huge fibroid removed last year and THAT was a big deal because they had to slice me open at the abdomen. But the polyp removal is totally easy, they go in through your vagina and do everything with a hysteroscope and it's done. There's hardly any bleeding afterwards and its like a regular period.

I've been getting it done about once a year since 2006 and it always helps cut down on heavy periods and pain. But in my case they grow back and we haven't been able to figure out why. The only way I know it's time for me to get checked again is when I start having spotting between periods. Then I know I have to get the surgery again. I should get a punch card and win a free toaster at this point but my doctor won't play along with that. Oh well.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
uterine polyps