It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #1
(female)

WHynes HB User
D&C, Uterine Polyps, Adenomyosis - path taking (what feels like) forever!

I had a D&C on Friday 10/12 (10 days ago) and my doctor said my results would be back within the week. The pathology has not come back as of today - should I be concerned? She said I had a very thick lining and three uterine polyps..

Is late news typically bad news?

I am probably just overthinking this but was wondering if anyone else has any experience?
Thanks,
Whitney

Last edited by WHynes; 10-22-2012 at 11:48 AM.

Old 05-29-2013, 09:56 PM   #2
(female)

zeldajane750 HB User
Re: D&C, Uterine Polyps, Adenomyosis - path taking (what feels like) forever!

WHynes, Hi, I was just going some old posts about thick uterine lining and I saw yours. I know this is from awhile ago but I am going through the same thing now. I had a D and C and hysteroscopy and a polyp removed on the 24th. Five days later the results are still not back. Why do they do this to us? It's so nerve racking. I was nervous to get the procedure and now I'm nervous to hear the results. I feel like I havn't been at ease in a couple of months. I was wondering how long it took you to get your results back and what your outcome was. I hope everything was well for you. I have read in alot of places that a thick uterine lining is very common in this stage of my life. But of course I still can't help worrying.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-30-2013, 10:32 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Kszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB UserKszan HB User
Re: D&C, Uterine Polyps, Adenomyosis - path taking (what feels like) forever!

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Polyps are very rarely cancerous and when they are it's mostly in post menopausal women. I've had the same surgery done 6 times and had to wait up to 2 weeks for pathology and in a few cases they never called. It's truly not a big deal at all and I'm sure that neither one of you has anything to worry about. I'm sure you're completely fine.

Closed Thread