It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-30-2012, 05:39 AM   #1
(female)

Wheeze HB User
Very Short Period?

I got my period in the middle of the night Friday (Saturday morning), on time like it was supposed to be. The first day was a normal amount of bleeding, and was a very red colour and the second was light, going from red to brown and by Tuesday morning it was completely gone, no bleeding at all. I got my normal cramps on Saturday but after that no pain other than my usual headaches. I normally have periods at least 4-6 days long with the very red colour turning to brown. Since the bleeding has stopped I have felt no other symptoms - I am eating like normal, no sickness, no unusual pains. My periods have been continually getting lighter/and shorter since I started birth control (which was about 10 months ago).

I am on birth control (tri-cyclen lo) although there were two days that I forgot to take it, and I took it when I remembered. We also use condoms, although there were a few times when we did have sex without condoms. He didn't finish inside of me but I am aware that this isn't total protection.

Is there a chance I could be pregnant? I have looked it up and usually if it is pregnancy it is spotting and more of a pink or brown - the first day I bled a lot more than spotting and it was very red, although not particularly heavy. It was how my periods normally are.

I have a doctors appointment for Thursday but any peace of mind is good..

Last edited by Wheeze; 10-30-2012 at 12:21 PM.

Closed Thread