It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-03-2012, 05:40 PM   #1
(female)

loris89 HB User
BROWN DISCHARGE i really need help..

Hello guys, i'm new here, but anyway.. i saw this post about million times but I would like to write about my own case, maybe somebody can help me.

so for about three months i have this brown discharge between my periods. first time i had it exactly in 14th day of my cycle until my period started :/ so it was pretty long.
next month was the same story, and third one i got it one week before my regular period.
what i have to say that i never had it before in my life and i started to have it after sex with my partner, when during the sex there was some blood. AND- what I think is that maybe he hurt my vagina wall a little and i have like a little wound there and maybe thats why i'm getting it? I would like to know your opinions about that.
And the discharge is sometimes dark brown sometimes very light, beige color.. i hate it and i don't know what to do anymore, i cant even have sex like that !
what is more, i went to see the doctor and she didnt even do any check-up (because i had my check up like a month before that). she said it might be normal, but i feel that something might be wrong.... i started to take birth control pills now, because i thought they will regulate my cycle, but after a week from my period i got that brown discharge again !
Please help, maybe some of you had the same problem... thank you )

Old 11-03-2012, 05:44 PM   #2
(female)

mnbvlkjh HB User
Re: BROWN DISCHARGE i really need help..

When I had this sort of thing start up a while ago, the doc said there's a chance it's due to infection. I came up clean, though, so she seemed unconcerned, even though the brown discharge continued. So I might suggest you at least get the doc to test you for any sort of infection (especially if the discharge has an odd smell - that's always a bad sign) but beyond that, I really can't say. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-03-2012, 05:48 PM   #3
(female)

loris89 HB User

thank you . but do you still have that discharge ?

Old 11-03-2012, 06:31 PM   #4
(female)

mnbvlkjh HB User

Occasionally, yeah. It's been one of a bunch of symptoms I've had lately, though, and has kind of been pushed to the bottom of the pile of concerns for now. Funny how priorities change, huh? ;-)

Old 11-03-2012, 07:59 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User

A brown discharge means there is slight, slow bleeding, and the blood turns brown when it isn't flowing like a period, also called spotting. If it happens after intercourse, it can occur from inflammation of the cervix or a cervical polyp. It can also happen from an abnormally thick endometrial (uterine) lining if you aren't ovulating regularly. Best thing is to get a pelvic exam for visualizing the cervix, and a pelvic ultrasound to measure the thickness of lining. If too thick, a few cycles of progesterone usually takes care of it. If it is cervicitis, that needs to be treated as well.

The Following User Says Thank You to ladybud For This Useful Post:
loris89 (11-03-2012)
Old 11-03-2012, 08:07 PM   #6
(female)

loris89 HB User

thank you so much i think this is the most helpful answer i ever got regarding to my problem. I am going again to see a doctor on Tuesday.. we'll see whats going to happen.
Hopefully it won't be anything serious

Closed Thread