It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 PM   #1
(female)

seawind72 HB User
my first time posting

Can some one tell me if you have your tubes clamped
can they come on clamp?
I would like to have a baby with my partner
i thought i was pregnant becouse i went about 3 months without my monthly
Thought i was but disappointed that i wasn't

Old 11-12-2012, 01:26 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
Re: my first time posting

Quote:
Originally Posted by seawind72 View Post
Can some one tell me if you have your tubes clamped
can they come on clamp?
I would like to have a baby with my partner
i thought i was pregnant becouse i went about 3 months without my monthly h
Thought i was but disappointed that i wasn't
Hi seawind, Welcome to healthboards! You will find very helpful, supportive, caring, knowledgable people here! About tubal ligation, the name for tubes clamped, tied, etc. There are 3 ways to do the operation. It IS considered permanent sterilization. And, to expect pregnancy without taking action to REVERSE the tubal ligation with corrective surgery is just wishful thinking at best. The TYPES of surgeries done I will list below. Imo, there may be more kinds. Certainly, we have all heard stories of the body in its own way making a way to procreate, but this is NOT the norm!
1. Fallopian tubes are burned in several places & results are there are sections missing or @ least scarred shut, where they are no longer considered patent or open or functioning
2. Tubes are tied with ligature or suture material(silk, chromic, nylon) in several places. Sometimes sections are removed, cut out, sometimes not
3.Tubes are clamped in several places along each tube. Pieces are cut out/ or not cut out (making this the most reversible type) in between clamps. Sometimes, very unusual,clamps slip off & the ends that were cut find a way to meet up again, tubes can be patent again, but scar tissue makes the fertilized egg have difficulty getting to uterus to attach to lining to grow. Causes tubal or ectopic pregnancies sometimes.
4. Large sections of tubes are resected or cut out, ends cauterized. Ive never heard of this
Growing back together patent or open. But, maybe a miracle ive never heard of, imho.
There are drs that reattach ends of tubes in reconstronstructive surgery depending on type of tubal ligation performed. There are SUCCESS stories. So, seek aggresive surgical reattachment and/ or pray hard. God bless your endeavors! Thank you

Last edited by gmak; 11-12-2012 at 01:37 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread