It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Women's Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-06-2012, 02:19 PM   #1
(female)

rockjen05 HB User
Red face period for more then two weeks long

hi,
can someone please help me, ive had my period for i dont even know how long but i know it has been longer then 2 weeks, and im constantly bleeding and bleeding with blood clots, i go through BOXES of tampons and i know this isnt normal am i right?? im so scared to visit a doctor.I have no pain whatsoever, just bleeding and bleeding, the color is a very strong RED color. someone please HELP ME!I have even takin a pregnancy test and it comes back negative.

The following user gives a hug of support to rockjen05:
sjb (12-07-2012)
Old 12-06-2012, 06:22 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User
Re: period for more then two weeks long

Greetings rockjen50! Welcome to the General Healthboards. I am sorry about this situation and hope that you receive the comfort and help that is needed. A thyroid test from an endocrinologist might be done if desired. Of course everyone is responsible for their own healthcare and their own health care decisions. Some foods tend to make it easier for a woman to bleed longer and maybe aught to be avoided except during period time. These foods might include corn, spinach, beets, peanuts, cabbage, turnips, (kale not with period time) rutabega, rapaseed, canola oil, soybean (some say it is good but I would not use tofu and it should be well cooked, it also is said to be a bit antithyroid), strawberries, pears, carrots, meat vinegar, mustard.

Because blood is being lost I would use more water daily on a free basis, no less than 6.25 cups for every 100 pounds body weight and probably more. It is good not to use too much either though. If the skin is pinched up and let go it should immediately go back down if not dehydration is present. The skin should not be dry but should be in a nice smooth silky condition in my opinion.

More foods to use more of might be one egg every other day (not more than this for the sake of the heart), and cherries, raisins, beans and some nuts for iron. Romaine lettuce has all the elements of blood in it except for the iron and it has a magnesium element instead. A wide variety of foods is good so I might try to find foods that few people have heard of and use these. Things that have been left out of the diet may need to be used more of. There are other foods that help contribute to more estrogen instead of the progesterone. Broccoli and seaweeds might be useful to stimulate thyroid a bit. Most people have a need for iodine and in some areas of the country this is in short supply in the foods. Peace, sjb

Last edited by sjb; 12-06-2012 at 06:41 PM. Reason: additions made

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

reachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB Userreachout HB User

Hello rockjen05

When a period goes past one week, it is called menorrhagia. I understand being fearful to see the doctor, but it really needs to be done. Have to get to the cause of it. Oh, it could be lots of different things and not all are too serious. ;-) It can be some benign fibroids, hormone issues, endrometriosis are but a few.

However, to continue to lose blood like this is not a good thing. Do get to a doctor and please come back and let us know how it is going. We care.

Hugs
reach

The Following User Says Thank You to reachout For This Useful Post:
sjb (12-07-2012)
Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

sjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB Usersjb HB User

Greetings Rockjen05! I would also avoid all nonfood substances, alcohol, chemicals, tobacco even food additives particularly monosodium glutamate and anything that you don't understand to be a plant food item. Avoiding these seems to increase the health of the body. Peace, sjb

Old 12-09-2012, 09:17 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi jen, Im sorry that you are going through this, glad it doesnt physically hurt but you cant possibly feel great right? The purpose of a period is to slough off all the blood nutrient filled tissue that builds up inside your uterus to prepare for a fertilized egg to implant & when it doesnt then you have a period. The time period & how much bleeding is different in all women but usually starts out with a little, then alot, then slows until it stops. I think that this would surely have occured by now. I think it is time for the dr b/c afraid as you are, to me being afraid of the unknown is worse & my imagination makes me even more afraid. In my opinion, i think that you will feel better when you know that something is being done, & you dont have to try to figure it out for yourself anymore. The dr sees & treats this all the time, if a gynecologist and its best, in my opinion if you dont wait until you are weak or dizzy. I would feel better going to dr & you will feel better when this is stopped i think. I would call them in the morning & describe the symptoms so you dont have to wait longer for an
appt. I think you will feel better after you do. God bless you jen

Last edited by gmak; 12-09-2012 at 09:27 PM. Reason: typo

Old 12-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #6
Facilitator
(female)

Greetings Rockjen50! I don't blame you at all for the fear of doctors. Some people know about the procedures and all the results. Before anything is done at all, the healthcare profession needs to give written documentation and explanation about all the potential events unless it is a dire emergency. Diagnosis they are sometimes good at. Of course everyone makes their own health care decisions and personally I like food lifestyle and herbal things for health. Peace.

Closed Thread